Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista32 Bit OS PC cannot see Vista64bit os pc shares.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2010
Daniel
 

Posts: n/a
Vista32 Bit OS PC cannot see Vista64bit os pc shares.
I have setup a home networking with 2 vista machines. One is 32bit OS and
the other one is 64bit OS. I set up the workgroup, turned on File & Print
Sharing, created shares on both PC's and gave permissions. From the 64bit
Vista PC, it's working perfectly fine. I can see, connect and use the files.

But from the 32bit os pc, I can see the 64bit pc and the "Network". But I
cannot explore nor Map a Drive to 64bit PC.
I am so desperate. So please help me!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2010
Jack [MVP-Networking]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista32 Bit OS PC cannot see Vista64bit os pc shares.
Hi
Usually that means that the Firewall on the computer that refuses to share
is blocking the share traffic.
Make sure that the Software Firewall on each computer allows free local
traffic. If you use 3rd party Firewall On, Vista/XP Native Firewall should
be Off, and the active Firewall has to adjusted to your Network IP numbers
on what is some time called the Trusted Zone (consult your 3rd Party
Firewall instructions.
General example, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#trusted
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:27CEBE73-4DBD-4227-934B-708E1B7597CB@microsoft.com...
> I have setup a home networking with 2 vista machines. One is 32bit OS and
> the other one is 64bit OS. I set up the workgroup, turned on File & Print
> Sharing, created shares on both PC's and gave permissions. From the 64bit
> Vista PC, it's working perfectly fine. I can see, connect and use the
> files.
>
> But from the 32bit os pc, I can see the 64bit pc and the "Network". But I
> cannot explore nor Map a Drive to 64bit PC.
> I am so desperate. So please help me!!!


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2010
Daniel
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista32 Bit OS PC cannot see Vista64bit os pc shares.
On the 64bit PC I have Norton Antivirus,
But I don't have the option to configure.
No personal firewall options.

Winfoed firewall is turned off in both PC's'

"Jack [MVP-Networking]" wrote:

> Hi
> Usually that means that the Firewall on the computer that refuses to share
> is blocking the share traffic.
> Make sure that the Software Firewall on each computer allows free local
> traffic. If you use 3rd party Firewall On, Vista/XP Native Firewall should
> be Off, and the active Firewall has to adjusted to your Network IP numbers
> on what is some time called the Trusted Zone (consult your 3rd Party
> Firewall instructions.
> General example, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#trusted
> Vista File and Printer Sharing-
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>
> "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:27CEBE73-4DBD-4227-934B-708E1B7597CB@microsoft.com...
> > I have setup a home networking with 2 vista machines. One is 32bit OS and
> > the other one is 64bit OS. I set up the workgroup, turned on File & Print
> > Sharing, created shares on both PC's and gave permissions. From the 64bit
> > Vista PC, it's working perfectly fine. I can see, connect and use the
> > files.
> >
> > But from the 32bit os pc, I can see the 64bit pc and the "Network". But I
> > cannot explore nor Map a Drive to 64bit PC.
> > I am so desperate. So please help me!!!

>
> .
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2010
Jack [MVP-Networking]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista32 Bit OS PC cannot see Vista64bit os pc shares.
Hi
Try to disable the Norton AV and see what happens.
Enable the Vista Firewall and make sure that it allows File Sharing.
Then if you wish you can try to disable again
BTW, Router's NAT Firewall is only one way firewall.
Thus, even if you have a Router, it is a very good idea to run software
Firewall too.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:908896D7-C121-4929-A7B5-380BD4A3273B@microsoft.com...
> On the 64bit PC I have Norton Antivirus,
> But I don't have the option to configure.
> No personal firewall options.
>
> Winfoed firewall is turned off in both PC's'
>
> "Jack [MVP-Networking]" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Usually that means that the Firewall on the computer that refuses to
>> share
>> is blocking the share traffic.
>> Make sure that the Software Firewall on each computer allows free local
>> traffic. If you use 3rd party Firewall On, Vista/XP Native Firewall
>> should
>> be Off, and the active Firewall has to adjusted to your Network IP
>> numbers
>> on what is some time called the Trusted Zone (consult your 3rd Party
>> Firewall instructions.
>> General example, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#trusted
>> Vista File and Printer Sharing-
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx
>> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:27CEBE73-4DBD-4227-934B-708E1B7597CB@microsoft.com...
>> > I have setup a home networking with 2 vista machines. One is 32bit OS
>> > and
>> > the other one is 64bit OS. I set up the workgroup, turned on File &
>> > Print
>> > Sharing, created shares on both PC's and gave permissions. From the
>> > 64bit
>> > Vista PC, it's working perfectly fine. I can see, connect and use the
>> > files.
>> >
>> > But from the 32bit os pc, I can see the 64bit pc and the "Network". But
>> > I
>> > cannot explore nor Map a Drive to 64bit PC.
>> > I am so desperate. So please help me!!!

>>
>> .
>>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2010
Daniel
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista32 Bit OS PC cannot see Vista64bit os pc shares.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try this tonight and let you know.

"Jack [MVP-Networking]" wrote:

> Hi
> Try to disable the Norton AV and see what happens.
> Enable the Vista Firewall and make sure that it allows File Sharing.
> Then if you wish you can try to disable again
> BTW, Router's NAT Firewall is only one way firewall.
> Thus, even if you have a Router, it is a very good idea to run software
> Firewall too.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>
> "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:908896D7-C121-4929-A7B5-380BD4A3273B@microsoft.com...
> > On the 64bit PC I have Norton Antivirus,
> > But I don't have the option to configure.
> > No personal firewall options.
> >
> > Winfoed firewall is turned off in both PC's'
> >
> > "Jack [MVP-Networking]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >> Usually that means that the Firewall on the computer that refuses to
> >> share
> >> is blocking the share traffic.
> >> Make sure that the Software Firewall on each computer allows free local
> >> traffic. If you use 3rd party Firewall On, Vista/XP Native Firewall
> >> should
> >> be Off, and the active Firewall has to adjusted to your Network IP
> >> numbers
> >> on what is some time called the Trusted Zone (consult your 3rd Party
> >> Firewall instructions.
> >> General example, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#trusted
> >> Vista File and Printer Sharing-
> >> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx
> >> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
> >>
> >> "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:27CEBE73-4DBD-4227-934B-708E1B7597CB@microsoft.com...
> >> > I have setup a home networking with 2 vista machines. One is 32bit OS
> >> > and
> >> > the other one is 64bit OS. I set up the workgroup, turned on File &
> >> > Print
> >> > Sharing, created shares on both PC's and gave permissions. From the
> >> > 64bit
> >> > Vista PC, it's working perfectly fine. I can see, connect and use the
> >> > files.
> >> >
> >> > But from the 32bit os pc, I can see the 64bit pc and the "Network". But
> >> > I
> >> > cannot explore nor Map a Drive to 64bit PC.
> >> > I am so desperate. So please help me!!!
> >>
> >> .
> >>

>
> .
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2010
Daniel
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista32 Bit OS PC cannot see Vista64bit os pc shares.
I tried that and didn't help!!

"Daniel" wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions. I will try this tonight and let you know.
>
> "Jack [MVP-Networking]" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > Try to disable the Norton AV and see what happens.
> > Enable the Vista Firewall and make sure that it allows File Sharing.
> > Then if you wish you can try to disable again
> > BTW, Router's NAT Firewall is only one way firewall.
> > Thus, even if you have a Router, it is a very good idea to run software
> > Firewall too.
> > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
> >
> > "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:908896D7-C121-4929-A7B5-380BD4A3273B@microsoft.com...
> > > On the 64bit PC I have Norton Antivirus,
> > > But I don't have the option to configure.
> > > No personal firewall options.
> > >
> > > Winfoed firewall is turned off in both PC's'
> > >
> > > "Jack [MVP-Networking]" wrote:
> > >
> > >> Hi
> > >> Usually that means that the Firewall on the computer that refuses to
> > >> share
> > >> is blocking the share traffic.
> > >> Make sure that the Software Firewall on each computer allows free local
> > >> traffic. If you use 3rd party Firewall On, Vista/XP Native Firewall
> > >> should
> > >> be Off, and the active Firewall has to adjusted to your Network IP
> > >> numbers
> > >> on what is some time called the Trusted Zone (consult your 3rd Party
> > >> Firewall instructions.
> > >> General example, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#trusted
> > >> Vista File and Printer Sharing-
> > >> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx
> > >> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
> > >>
> > >> "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >> news:27CEBE73-4DBD-4227-934B-708E1B7597CB@microsoft.com...
> > >> > I have setup a home networking with 2 vista machines. One is 32bit OS
> > >> > and
> > >> > the other one is 64bit OS. I set up the workgroup, turned on File &
> > >> > Print
> > >> > Sharing, created shares on both PC's and gave permissions. From the
> > >> > 64bit
> > >> > Vista PC, it's working perfectly fine. I can see, connect and use the
> > >> > files.
> > >> >
> > >> > But from the 32bit os pc, I can see the 64bit pc and the "Network". But
> > >> > I
> > >> > cannot explore nor Map a Drive to 64bit PC.
> > >> > I am so desperate. So please help me!!!
> > >>
> > >> .
> > >>

> >
> > .
> >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista64bit Floppyzugriff bei Spielstart u.a. Reinhard Boenigk microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.spiele 3 08-29-2009 22:24
icona connessione vista64bit Antonio Fuschino microsoft.public.it.windows.vista 0 07-25-2009 20:30
Vista64bit and 32bit software titus12 microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 4 11-06-2007 17:47
Vista64bit tester titus12 microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 11-05-2007 23:56
Video_in für Vista64bit ? Holger Mangold microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.hardware 2 07-12-2007 22:56




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:47.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120