how do i up the concurrent TCP connect attempts?

Techno Mage

how do i up the concurrent TCP connect attempts?
the only thing i can find on the Microsoft site is a page, telling me to end
task the program causing it.

THAT IS A DUMB ANSWER

i need to run all those programs, they are not viruses or spyware.
Scissor

Re: how do i up the concurrent TCP connect attempts?

Techno Mage;303482 Wrote:
> the only thing i can find on the Microsoft site is a page, telling me to
> end
> task the program causing it.
>
> THAT IS A DUMB ANSWER
>
> i need to run all those programs, they are not viruses or spyware.

What program are you running that requires more then 10 concurrent TCP
Connect attempts? Note that you are not limited to 10 concurrent TCP
connections, just 10 concurrent connection attempts. A connection
attempt turns into a connection if the remote machine answers.

Your P2P application will run just fine with this limitation in place.
I wouldn't stress out too much about it.

--
Scissor
woods

Re: how do i up the concurrent TCP connect attempts?
There is a patch to do this for vista same as there was for XP. Works well
and the connection attempts can be modified via the registry after the patch
has been applied. Its out there somewhere on the web and works a treat for
sure.

"Scissor" <Scissor.2qdk6p@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Techno Mage;303482 Wrote:
>> the only thing i can find on the Microsoft site is a page, telling me to
>> end
>> task the program causing it.
>>
>> THAT IS A DUMB ANSWER
>>
>> i need to run all those programs, they are not viruses or spyware.

> What program are you running that requires more then 10 concurrent TCP
> Connect attempts? Note that you are not limited to 10 concurrent TCP
> connections, just 10 concurrent connection attempts. A connection
> attempt turns into a connection if the remote machine answers.
>
> Your P2P application will run just fine with this limitation in place.
> I wouldn't stress out too much about it.
>

> --
> Scissor

Techno Mage

Re: how do i up the concurrent TCP connect attempts?
Instead of a download taking 20mins to download, it takes 1.5hrs
the low 25 half open connections is no where near enough.

Also i run more than just one application

and im not on a slow 256K internet connection

the event log is filling up with those stupid errors

"Scissor" wrote:

> Techno Mage;303482 Wrote:
> > the only thing i can find on the Microsoft site is a page, telling me to
> > end
> > task the program causing it.
> >
> > THAT IS A DUMB ANSWER
> >
> > i need to run all those programs, they are not viruses or spyware.

> What program are you running that requires more then 10 concurrent TCP
> Connect attempts? Note that you are not limited to 10 concurrent TCP
> connections, just 10 concurrent connection attempts. A connection
> attempt turns into a connection if the remote machine answers.
>
> Your P2P application will run just fine with this limitation in place.
> I wouldn't stress out too much about it.
>

> --
> Scissor

mikeyhsd

Re: how do i up the concurrent TCP connect attempts?
google for it.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"Scissor" wrote:

> Techno Mage;303482 Wrote:
> > the only thing i can find on the Microsoft site is a page, telling me to
> > end
> > task the program causing it.
> >
> > THAT IS A DUMB ANSWER
> >
> > i need to run all those programs, they are not viruses or spyware.

> What program are you running that requires more then 10 concurrent TCP
> Connect attempts? Note that you are not limited to 10 concurrent TCP
> connections, just 10 concurrent connection attempts. A connection
> attempt turns into a connection if the remote machine answers.
>
> Your P2P application will run just fine with this limitation in place.
> I wouldn't stress out too much about it.
>

> --
> Scissor

Techno Mage

Re: how do i up the concurrent TCP connect attempts?
ah ha
i am not going to use some ones hacked up virus ridden windows xp tcpip.sys
file

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> google for it.
>

> mikeyhsd@comcast.net
>

> "Techno Mage" <TechnoMage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E55F534-B5E3-458B-8C0A-CE46BC7DCE0A@microsoft.com...
> Instead of a download taking 20mins to download, it takes 1.5hrs
> the low 25 half open connections is no where near enough.
>
> Also i run more than just one application
>
> and im not on a slow 256K internet connection
>
> the event log is filling up with those stupid errors
>
> "Scissor" wrote:
>

> > Techno Mage;303482 Wrote:
> > > the only thing i can find on the Microsoft site is a page, telling me to
> > > end
> > > task the program causing it.
> > >
> > > THAT IS A DUMB ANSWER
> > >
> > > i need to run all those programs, they are not viruses or spyware.

> > What program are you running that requires more then 10 concurrent TCP
> > Connect attempts? Note that you are not limited to 10 concurrent TCP
> > connections, just 10 concurrent connection attempts. A connection
> > attempt turns into a connection if the remote machine answers.
> >
> > Your P2P application will run just fine with this limitation in place.
> > I wouldn't stress out too much about it.
> >

> > --
> > Scissor

mikeyhsd

Re: how do i up the concurrent TCP connect attempts?
try this. maybe you can trust them.

http://www.speedguide.net/
poke around for what you need,

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> google for it.
>

> mikeyhsd@comcast.net
>

> "Techno Mage" <TechnoMage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E55F534-B5E3-458B-8C0A-CE46BC7DCE0A@microsoft.com...
> Instead of a download taking 20mins to download, it takes 1.5hrs
> the low 25 half open connections is no where near enough.
>
> Also i run more than just one application
>
> and im not on a slow 256K internet connection
>
> the event log is filling up with those stupid errors
>
> "Scissor" wrote:
>

> > Techno Mage;303482 Wrote:
> > > the only thing i can find on the Microsoft site is a page, telling me to
> > > end
> > > task the program causing it.
> > >
> > > THAT IS A DUMB ANSWER
> > >
> > > i need to run all those programs, they are not viruses or spyware.

> > What program are you running that requires more then 10 concurrent TCP
> > Connect attempts? Note that you are not limited to 10 concurrent TCP
> > connections, just 10 concurrent connection attempts. A connection
> > attempt turns into a connection if the remote machine answers.
> >
> > Your P2P application will run just fine with this limitation in place.
> > I wouldn't stress out too much about it.
> >

> > --
> > Scissor

Techno Mage

Re: how do i up the concurrent TCP connect attempts?
The one for xp, modifyed an existing file.
The one for Vista is the modified xp file, and royally BSOD.
Also 64 bit the files needs to be signed, and im not turning signing off.

Microsoft need to fix this problem it has made now. Stop selling cripple ware.