Remote Desktop Error *HELP ME*

pnapp1

Remote Desktop Error *HELP ME*
Here is the problem:

I am trying to remote desktop connect to other PC's on my network and every
time I try to connect to anything I get the following error:

" THIS COMPUTER CAN'T CONNECT TO THE REMOTE COMPUTER.

THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE DUE TO LOW VIRTUAL MEMORY ON YOUR COMPUTER."

I have 4 gigs memory and my pagefile is 5 gigs. I'm not even close to
touching any virtual memory. Remote Desktop used to work fine and my other
Vista PC works fine with RDC so I know it is not a network issue. The PC in
question is running Vista Ultimate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Save me from having to do a reinstall!
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Remote Desktop Error *HELP ME*
Do a simple test. Can you telnet port 3389? Or this research result may help,

Troubleshooting terminal server issuesWhen trying to access TS (administration mode), you may get this message: "The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote connections might not ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/troubleshootingts.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"pnapp1" <pnapp1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0C163E-6441-4D0D-864A-EED31A653133@microsoft.com...
Here is the problem:

I am trying to remote desktop connect to other PC's on my network and every
time I try to connect to anything I get the following error:

" THIS COMPUTER CAN'T CONNECT TO THE REMOTE COMPUTER.

THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE DUE TO LOW VIRTUAL MEMORY ON YOUR COMPUTER."

I have 4 gigs memory and my pagefile is 5 gigs. I'm not even close to
touching any virtual memory. Remote Desktop used to work fine and my other
Vista PC works fine with RDC so I know it is not a network issue. The PC in
question is running Vista Ultimate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Save me from having to do a reinstall!
pnapp1

Re: Remote Desktop Error *HELP ME*
Yes I can. But I don't see why this would matter since I am on the same local
network. No matter if I try to connect to a real computer on my network or
just make up one, I get the same error no matter what.

All other PC's can RDC to each other fine and even connect to the PC in
question but this one can't connect to any others. I never get past the: "THE
PROBLEM MIGHT BE DUE TO LOW VIRTUAL MEMORY ON YOUR COMPUTER." error.

I have looked everywhere for people having this same error (here, google,
ect) and have not found one instance like this. Maybe something unique to my
PC's setup or a new bug in Vista?

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> [...]

> http://www.chicagotech.net/troubleshootingts.htm
>

> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> "pnapp1" <pnapp1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0C163E-6441-4D0D-864A-EED31A653133@microsoft.com...
> Here is the problem:
>
> I am trying to remote desktop connect to other PC's on my network and every
> time I try to connect to anything I get the following error:
>
> " THIS COMPUTER CAN'T CONNECT TO THE REMOTE COMPUTER.
>
> THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE DUE TO LOW VIRTUAL MEMORY ON YOUR COMPUTER."
>
> I have 4 gigs memory and my pagefile is 5 gigs. I'm not even close to
> touching any virtual memory. Remote Desktop used to work fine and my other
> Vista PC works fine with RDC so I know it is not a network issue. The PC in
> question is running Vista Ultimate.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated! Save me from having to do a reinstall!

Re: Remote Desktop Error *STILL NEED HELP*
Any other suggestions?

"pnapp1" wrote:

> Yes I can. But I don't see why this would matter since I am on the same local
> network. No matter if I try to connect to a real computer on my network or
> just make up one, I get the same error no matter what.
>
> All other PC's can RDC to each other fine and even connect to the PC in
> question but this one can't connect to any others. I never get past the: "THE
> PROBLEM MIGHT BE DUE TO LOW VIRTUAL MEMORY ON YOUR COMPUTER." error.
>
> I have looked everywhere for people having this same error (here, google,
> ect) and have not found one instance like this. Maybe something unique to my
> PC's setup or a new bug in Vista?
>

> "Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:
>
> > Do a simple test. Can you telnet port 3389? Or this research result may help,
> >
> > Troubleshooting terminal server issuesWhen trying to access TS (administration mode), you may get this message: "The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote connections might not ...
> > http://www.chicagotech.net/troubleshootingts.htm
> >

> > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> > "pnapp1" <pnapp1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0C163E-6441-4D0D-864A-EED31A653133@microsoft.com...
> > Here is the problem:
> >
> > I am trying to remote desktop connect to other PC's on my network and every
> > time I try to connect to anything I get the following error:
> >
> > " THIS COMPUTER CAN'T CONNECT TO THE REMOTE COMPUTER.
> >
> > THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE DUE TO LOW VIRTUAL MEMORY ON YOUR COMPUTER."
> >
> > I have 4 gigs memory and my pagefile is 5 gigs. I'm not even close to
> > touching any virtual memory. Remote Desktop used to work fine and my other
> > Vista PC works fine with RDC so I know it is not a network issue. The PC in
> > question is running Vista Ultimate.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated! Save me from having to do a reinstall!

Howard

Re: Remote Desktop Error *HELP ME*
I've encountered the same problem with XP Service Pack 2 and RDC 6.0. I also
have significant memory available.

I did the telnet test, and I am able to telnet successfully to the server.

"pnapp1" wrote:

> Yes I can. But I don't see why this would matter since I am on the same local
> network. No matter if I try to connect to a real computer on my network or
> just make up one, I get the same error no matter what.
>
> All other PC's can RDC to each other fine and even connect to the PC in
> question but this one can't connect to any others. I never get past the: "THE
> PROBLEM MIGHT BE DUE TO LOW VIRTUAL MEMORY ON YOUR COMPUTER." error.
>
> I have looked everywhere for people having this same error (here, google,
> ect) and have not found one instance like this. Maybe something unique to my
> PC's setup or a new bug in Vista?
>

> "Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:
>
> > Do a simple test. Can you telnet port 3389? Or this research result may help,
> >
> > Troubleshooting terminal server issuesWhen trying to access TS (administration mode), you may get this message: "The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote connections might not ...
> > http://www.chicagotech.net/troubleshootingts.htm
> >

> > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> > "pnapp1" <pnapp1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0C163E-6441-4D0D-864A-EED31A653133@microsoft.com...
> > Here is the problem:
> >
> > I am trying to remote desktop connect to other PC's on my network and every
> > time I try to connect to anything I get the following error:
> >
> > " THIS COMPUTER CAN'T CONNECT TO THE REMOTE COMPUTER.
> >
> > THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE DUE TO LOW VIRTUAL MEMORY ON YOUR COMPUTER."
> >
> > I have 4 gigs memory and my pagefile is 5 gigs. I'm not even close to
> > touching any virtual memory. Remote Desktop used to work fine and my other
> > Vista PC works fine with RDC so I know it is not a network issue. The PC in
> > question is running Vista Ultimate.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated! Save me from having to do a reinstall!

lairnoc

Re: Remote Desktop Error *HELP ME*
same problem here vista ultimate

one day it worked day after no go.. got 2 gb memory and enough on hd left
for virtual.

Hope MS will come with a solution!!!

Its anoying not to be able to connect to my game server now