Lost connection with central server and no file sharing

Rob

Lost connection with central server and no file sharing
I have a LG laptop running windows vista business. I have been able to access our central files in another city with no troubles until somtime ago when it suddenly stopped. If I click on my link to the central files it says "Microsoft windows network: the network is not present or started." All my colleagues can access them and they are running Vista or XP.

I went to network and sharing and found my file sharing is off. I click turn on file sharing and then apply and nothing happens (i.e. file sharing is not turned on). How can I reactivate file sharing? How do I access the central files?

Seamless Data Compression in .NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...mpression.aspx
Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: Lost connection with central server and no file sharing
Hi
File sharing has to be On on the other computer.
Only if someone tries to get files from your computer it has to be On on
yours.
The error message that you get means that there is something basic wrong
with your computer connecting to the Network.
Since there is No info about the Network and the way it is configured there
is No way to help you.
If it is a business network you should discuss it with the person in charge
of the network.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).