Creating a VPN Shortcut in Windows 7

Chaplain Doug

Creating a VPN Shortcut in Windows 7
Windows 7

I have created a VPN in Windows 7 using Control Panel>Network and Sharing
Center. It seems that I have to go through Control Panel>Network and Sharing
Center>Connect to a Network and then select my VPN, then select "Connect."
This is a lot of steps. In Windows XP I could create a desktop shortcut to
the VPN, click on it and it would connect. How may I create such a shortcut
to my VPN in Windows 7?
--
Dr. Doug Pruiett
Good News Jail & Prison Ministry
Chaplain Doug

Re: Creating a VPN Shortcut in Windows 7
There is no "Manage network connections" option in the Network and Sharing
Center. Any other thoughts?
--

"Bob Lin (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Try this: in the Network and Sharing Center, select Manage network
> connections. Right click on the VPN and select Create Shortcut. You will
> receive a message: "Windows cannot create a shortcut. Do you want the
> shortcut to be placed on the desktop instead?" Click Yes to create the
> shortcut on the desktop.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Chaplain Doug" <ChaplainDoug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Windows 7
> >
> > I have created a VPN in Windows 7 using Control Panel>Network and Sharing
> > Center. It seems that I have to go through Control Panel>Network and
> > Sharing
> > Center>Connect to a Network and then select my VPN, then select "Connect."
> > This is a lot of steps. In Windows XP I could create a desktop shortcut
> > the VPN, click on it and it would connect. How may I create such a
> > shortcut
> > to my VPN in Windows 7?
> > --
> > Dr. Doug Pruiett
> > Good News Jail & Prison Ministry
> > www.goodnewsjail.org

Chaplain Doug

Re: Creating a VPN Shortcut in Windows 7
Thanks Bob. That did the trick. Quite cryptic and non-intuitive. I've been
a computer geek for over 30 years. Heaven help the novice.