"Wireless Networks Are Available", but my "Connect To" list is emp

Vincent

"Wireless Networks Are Available", but my "Connect To" list is emp
I can't detect any new wifi connections, even though the network icon on my
taskbar says that "wireless networks are available". when I click that, the
"connect to a network" window appears, but it says "Windows cannot find any
additional networks". I can still manage to connect to my previous wifi
connections that i have saved up and set them to automatically connect when
they are available...but i can't detect/add new ones. Come to think of it,
even my existing connections don't show up. Not even public wifi hotspots
show up.

I'm currently on Vista Business Edition, using a Sony Vaio SZ48.

Cheers.
Meredith Regal [MSFT]

Re: "Wireless Networks Are Available", but my "Connect To" list is emp
Hi Vincent,

I don't have a specific answer to your question, but you might find a
solution in this Windows Vista Help topic:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...376c21033.mspx.

I hope this helps.

Meredith

"Vincent" <Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't detect any new wifi connections, even though the network icon on my
> taskbar says that "wireless networks are available". when I click that,
> the
> "connect to a network" window appears, but it says "Windows cannot find
> any
> additional networks". I can still manage to connect to my previous wifi
> connections that i have saved up and set them to automatically connect
> when
> they are available...but i can't detect/add new ones. Come to think of it,
> even my existing connections don't show up. Not even public wifi hotspots
> show up.
>
> I'm currently on Vista Business Edition, using a Sony Vaio SZ48.
>
> Cheers.

Vincent

Re: "Wireless Networks Are Available", but my "Connect To" list is
Thanks for the link, but I've already went through that site earlier and my
problem still persists.

This problem only started a couple of weeks back. Before that, wifi hotspots
were detected fine. I'm afraid that some Vista update might have screwed up
my wireless, but I highly doubt it. Or it could be a Vaio update instead....

"Meredith Regal [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
>
> I don't have a specific answer to your question, but you might find a
> solution in this Windows Vista Help topic:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...376c21033.mspx.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Meredith
>
> "Vincent" <Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can't detect any new wifi connections, even though the network icon on my
> > taskbar says that "wireless networks are available". when I click that,
> > the
> > "connect to a network" window appears, but it says "Windows cannot find
> > any
> > additional networks". I can still manage to connect to my previous wifi
> > connections that i have saved up and set them to automatically connect
> > when
> > they are available...but i can't detect/add new ones. Come to think of it,
> > even my existing connections don't show up. Not even public wifi hotspots
> > show up.
> >
> > I'm currently on Vista Business Edition, using a Sony Vaio SZ48.
> >
> > Cheers.

Dufferin3

Re: "Wireless Networks Are Available", but my "Connect To" list is emp

Hello Vincent;

I am having a very similar problem with an Acer TravelMate 3260.

Did you get this figured out, and if so can you give me some insight.

Please send me an email to dboychuk69@hotmail.com

Thanks

Duf.

--
Dufferin3
Dufferin3's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=31443

http://forums.techarena.in

theolb

Re: "Wireless Networks Are Available", but my "Connect To" list is emp

I'm having the same problems also on my Aspire 5920.
It only started happening since I took it out on travel.

This is rather annoying as I need to use the internet often.
If you find the problem please could you let me know at
theo_lyster@hotmail.com

Thanks.

--
theolb
theolb's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/111075.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Windows virgin

Re: "Wireless Networks Are Available", but my "Connect To" list is empty

Hi,
I have the same or simular problem. I am on an Acer 5920 runing Vista
Home, and I can connect fine to my upstairs WIfi but whenever I travel I
cannot contact available Wifi's that are open access. This is really
frustrating as I am a student and try to work when I am away.
Occasionally I can get the most incredibly slow and intermittent
connection to an outside wifi, but even then it can take an hour to send
one email! Any help please......

--
Windows virgin
Windows virgin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/172443.htm