Printer sharing-1 laptop says driver missing but OK with other pc/

bobal

Printer sharing-1 laptop says driver missing but OK with other pc/
I have a wired home network set up with 1 pc and 2 laptops using vista and 1
pc using XP. I have a Dell AIO printer linked to the XP PC and have just
installed a new Epson printer to the Vista PC. Here's my problem - all PCs
and laptops recognise each other and recognise both printers. Both PCs and 1
of the laptops are connected to both printers but 1 of the PCs will not
connect to either printer and gives the error message that the wrong drivers
are installed. Since all the other computers recognise and connect to both
printers I don't see how this is the case.

I have tried everything to find out how to connect this laptop to at least
one of the printers, without any success. Can anyone help?
ashvin

Re: Printer sharing-1 laptop says driver missing but OK with other pc/

install the printer driver locally on that computer and then try..

--
ashvin

Just chill
-pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to
fine tune and provide better support..-
Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: Printer sharing-1 laptop says driver missing but OK with other pc/
Hi
When using Printer over the Network. The drives has to be installed on the
computers thta are Not connected directly to printer too.
Use the Add Network printer option and install the drivers.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"bobal" <bobal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a wired home network set up with 1 pc and 2 laptops using vista and
>1
> pc using XP. I have a Dell AIO printer linked to the XP PC and have just
> installed a new Epson printer to the Vista PC. Here's my problem - all PCs
> and laptops recognise each other and recognise both printers. Both PCs and
> 1
> of the laptops are connected to both printers but 1 of the PCs will not
> connect to either printer and gives the error message that the wrong
> drivers
> are installed. Since all the other computers recognise and connect to both
> printers I don't see how this is the case.
>
> I have tried everything to find out how to connect this laptop to at least
> one of the printers, without any success. Can anyone help?

ashvin

Re: Printer sharing-1 laptop says driver missing but OK with other pc/

[image:
http://lifehacker.com/assets/resourc...terheader.png]
You're working on a document on the laptop in the living room and you
want to print—except the printer's in the home office. Sharing a
printer connected to a PC on your 'home network'
(http://lifehacker.com/tag/home-network/) and printing to it from any
other computer, even over a wireless connection, is a breeze. Whether
you want to print from a Mac or another PC, here's how to share a single
printer for use by any computer on your home network.

- '[image:
http://lifehacker.com/assets/images/...693846b_o.png]
Step 1. Enable sharing on your printer'
(http://lifehacker.com/photogallery/S...rinter/2813525)
- '[image:
http://lifehacker.com/assets/images/...c7cea4f_o.png]
Step 2. (Optional) Enable file and printer sharing'
(http://lifehacker.com/photogallery/S...rinter/2813503)
- '[image:
http://lifehacker.com/assets/images/...975c01b_o.png]
Step 3. Name your shared printer'
(http://lifehacker.com/photogallery/S...rinter/2813495)
- '[image:
http://lifehacker.com/assets/images/...1a7ab59_o.png]
Step 4. Launch the Add Printer Wizard (Windows client)'
(http://lifehacker.com/photogallery/S...rinter/2813471)
- '[image:
http://lifehacker.com/assets/images/...da75279_o.png]
Step 5. Connect to shared printer (Windows client)'
(http://lifehacker.com/photogallery/S...rinter/2813479)
- '[image:
http://lifehacker.com/assets/images/...4b935eb_o.png]
Step 6. Browse to the Windows printer (Mac client)'
(http://lifehacker.com/photogallery/S...rinter/2813487)
- '[image:
http://lifehacker.com/assets/images/...6b57e9f_o.png]
Step 7. Set Printer Model (Mac client)'
(http://lifehacker.com/photogallery/S...rinter/2813463)

Got any remote printing tips or tricks for shared printers at home?
Tell us about 'em in the