How do I save my WEP Key?

Lee Beck

How do I save my WEP Key?
I finally got my wireless NW going, but now find that I need to re-enter the
WEP key (after I select the SSID) every time that I want to network.

How do I save my configuration information (including WEP) so that my
network is connected every time I boot up? Ideally this would automatically
select my SSID from the others in my neighborhood and the WEP would already
be entered. My second choice would be to select the SSID and the
10-character WEP would laready be entered.

Thanks
Gordon

Re: How do I save my WEP Key?

"Lee Beck" <LeeBeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I finally got my wireless NW going, but now find that I need to re-enter
> the
> WEP key (after I select the SSID) every time that I want to network.
>
> How do I save my configuration information (including WEP) so that my
> network is connected every time I boot up? Ideally this would
> automatically
> select my SSID from the others in my neighborhood and the WEP would
> already
> be entered. My second choice would be to select the SSID and the
> 10-character WEP would laready be entered.
>
> Thanks

What version of Windows? XP, Vista and Windows 7 DO save the key.....

Lee Beck

Re: How do I save my WEP Key?
I'm running Vista on the machine where the gateway is installed, with a
wireless connection to two XP machines. The Vista machine of course is
hard-wired so always connected. The XP machines requires that I access the
network manager, select my SSID, and enter the 10 character WEP each time I
turn it on.

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Lee Beck" <LeeBeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I finally got my wireless NW going, but now find that I need to re-enter
> > the
> > WEP key (after I select the SSID) every time that I want to network.
> >
> > How do I save my configuration information (including WEP) so that my
> > network is connected every time I boot up? Ideally this would
> > automatically
> > select my SSID from the others in my neighborhood and the WEP would
> > already
> > be entered. My second choice would be to select the SSID and the
> > 10-character WEP would laready be entered.
> >
> > Thanks

> What version of Windows? XP, Vista and Windows 7 DO save the key.....
>
> .

Al

Re: How do I save my WEP Key?
Windows will show the wireless connections available and whether or not they
are secured - selecting the desired connection should offer two options,
"connect" and "connect automatically" - selecting "connect automatically"
eliminates the need to enter the security key each time on connect.

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: How do I save my WEP Key?
Hi
You can add manually the Wireless connection to the Wireless manager and
check the auto. connect.
http://www.ezlan.net/vista/wireless_manager.jpg
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).