Post back with the result of "tracert 18.104.22.168".
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
"SectionUT" <SectionUT.firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message news:SectionUT.email@example.com...
I have a total of 3 pcs (2 desktops and 1 laptop). The desktops are
hard wired to my Linksys WRT54G V.2 and the laptop is connected via
wireless. All of the machines are running Windows Vista. I cannot for
the life of me get it to let any of my pc's on the internet. Here's
what I've done so far.
1. Updated to the latest firmware for the router.
2. Reset to defaults in the router
3. Manually configured IP's and tried DHCP
4. Disabled, uninstalled, reinstalled virus protection.
5. Disabled windows firewall
6. Reinstalled LAN adapter
7. Pinged sites from behind the router (timed out)
8. Pinged sites from the router (works fine)
So this has pretty well narrowed it down to it being the router and the
computer not jiving somewhere. I'm out of ideas and pretty green with
the ins and outs of vista. All three computers have virus protection
and just the windows firewall.