I can't see a workgroup from Vista

Paolol

I can't see a workgroup from Vista
Hi,
I have a Vista laptop set to my work workgroup , when I'm at home I can't
see the storage device ( maxtor network disk ) or the other pc , only the
printer ( HP dekjet ) , all these pc and device are in my Home workgroup
and I can see all of them from the Vista Pc I have at home.
Any one have a suggestion, before with the laptop with XP all was working
fine
Thanks,
Paolol

Chuck

Re: I can't see a workgroup from Vista
On Tue, 8 May 2007 16:21:36 +0200, "Paolol" <paolol@No_Spam_salsan.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have a Vista laptop set to my work workgroup , when I'm at home I can't
>see the storage device ( maxtor network disk ) or the other pc , only the
>printer ( HP dekjet ) , all these pc and device are in my Home workgroup
>and I can see all of them from the Vista Pc I have at home.
>Any one have a suggestion, before with the laptop with XP all was working
>fine
>Thanks,
>Paolol

Paolol,

Can you slow down please, and try and describe the work and home networks with a
bit more detail, so we can figure out where to start?
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/background-information-useful-in.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...useful-in.html

And consider how to troubleshoot the problem, or how we might suggest how you
troubleshoot it.
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/08/solving-network-problems-tutorial.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...-tutorial.html

--
Cheers,
Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]
Paolol

Re: I can't see a workgroup from Vista
Hi Chuck,
the 2 workgroup are very simple DHCP send the setting and the 2 group are
named "work" and "Home" , at work we have 2003 server and WinNt 2000 PC, at
home I have 1 Vista PC and 2 Xp PC , both networks have a router firewall
wich give the Dhcp number and settings, both seem ok , it's just that I
can't see the home workgroup when I go home , whell unless I change the
workgruop wich is :|
Thanks,
Paolol

On Wed, 9 May 2007 16:05:27 +0200, "Paolol" <paolol@No_Spam_salsan.net> wrote:

>"Chuck" <none@example.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
>news:end143hbkoe4sfd57f6nu34mmtagni8h4t@4ax.com.. .
>> On Tue, 8 May 2007 16:21:36 +0200, "Paolol" <paolol@No_Spam_salsan.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>I have a Vista laptop set to my work workgroup , when I'm at home I can't
>>>see the storage device ( maxtor network disk ) or the other pc , only the
>>>printer ( HP dekjet ) , all these pc and device are in my Home workgroup
>>>and I can see all of them from the Vista Pc I have at home.
>>>Any one have a suggestion, before with the laptop with XP all was working
>>>fine
>>>Thanks,
>>>Paolol

>> Paolol,
>>
>> Can you slow down please, and try and describe the work and home networks
>> with a
>> bit more detail, so we can figure out where to start?
>> <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/background-information-useful-in.html>
>> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...useful-in.html
>>
>> And consider how to troubleshoot the problem, or how we might suggest how
>> you
>> troubleshoot it.
>> <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/08/solving-network-problems-tutorial.html>
>> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...-tutorial.html

>Hi Chuck,
>the 2 workgroup are very simple DHCP send the setting and the 2 group are
>named "work" and "Home" , at work we have 2003 server and WinNt 2000 PC, at
>home I have 1 Vista PC and 2 Xp PC , both networks have a router firewall
>wich give the Dhcp number and settings, both seem ok , it's just that I
>can't see the home workgroup when I go home , whell unless I change the
>workgruop wich is :|
>Thanks,
>Paolol

OK, if the only issue is workgroup name, and simply changing that is what you
want to avoid, look in Entire Network - Microsoft Windows Network, and see if
the other workgroup isn't visible.