Force Vista to use one internet connection instead of another

CptCrckpot

Force Vista to use one internet connection instead of another
I have an unusual setup. I live in a rural area, and I have 2 internet
connections. One is a satellite internet connection that I use for browsing
the internet (it has high latency, but good download speed) and downloading
files, and the other is a low speed (144) DSL connection that I use for
gaming (low latency, but terrible for downloading). The DSL connection is
connected directly to my Vista PC, while the Satellite is connected to a
Windows Media Center PC. The Satellite connection is shared, and is used by
other computers in my house, but the DSL is not. Because I share files
between the 2 computers, and I have them set up to use one mouse and
keyboard, the 2 PCs are networked together. The problem I have is that Vista
will sometimes switch from using the DSL connection to using the shared
Satellite connection. I want it to use the DSL connection only. Is there a
way to set up Vista so that it will use the DSL connection for internet
access, and will use the connection to the other PC for local access only?
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Force Vista to use one internet connection instead of another
This case may help,

RoutingOne router goes to the corporation email server and another one goes to the Internet. Symptoms: you have one router connecting to the corporation for email ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/routing.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE