Unable to connect to some sites?

Andy Neillans

Unable to connect to some sites?
Hi all,

I'm running Vista Ultimate 32bit and 64bit, and am experiencing a strange
problem with accessing a handful of sites using either Internet Explorer or
Firefox.

First off, my network topology:

Router: Cisco 877
Desktop 1: Vista Ultimate x64 (Static)
Laptop 1: Vista Ultimate x32 (DHCP)
Desktop 2: Windows XP Pro (DHCP
Laptop 2: Windows Server 2003 Standard (Static)

The router serves as the DHCP Server.

Ok, now the detail.

Best example site I have is www.reuters.com. This one *never* loads under
eitehr Vista machine, but works fine under either of the other two. It does,
however, get a partial HTML document - enough to display the title and
probably a third of the rest.
Another example is www.sage.co.uk; this one occasionally loads (although
takes 10x longer than normal) or otherwise times out like reuters.

I have tried disabling the Receive Window Tuning (this was needed for my
previous Cisco router, an 837 - under which I was able to access both the
above sites without any difficulties - the 877 is running exactly the same
configuration).

Any ideas on how to diagnose this further?

Regards,

Andy Neillans

Keith D

REPLY:-: Unable to connect to some sites?

Hi

Probably no real help but

i launched both sites from URL's quoted in you message
no problem here

using Vista home premium 32bit
lynksis router with cables[not wireless]
into ISP provided cable modem

have you tried network magic ???
that has an internet bug sorter

http://www.networkmagic.com/download/

full 30 day free trial
will need installing in all computers with any hassle

cheers

Keith D.

> I'm running Vista Ultimate 32bit and 64bit, and am experiencing a strange
> problem with accessing a handful of sites using either Internet Explorer
> or Firefox.
>
> First off, my network topology:
>
> Router: Cisco 877
> Desktop 1: Vista Ultimate x64 (Static)
> Laptop 1: Vista Ultimate x32 (DHCP)
> Desktop 2: Windows XP Pro (DHCP
> Laptop 2: Windows Server 2003 Standard (Static)
>
> The router serves as the DHCP Server.
>
> Ok, now the detail.
>
> Best example site I have is www.reuters.com. This one *never* loads under
> eitehr Vista machine, but works fine under either of the other two. It
> does, however, get a partial HTML document - enough to display the title
> and probably a third of the rest.
> Another example is www.sage.co.uk; this one occasionally loads (although
> takes 10x longer than normal) or otherwise times out like reuters.
>
> I have tried disabling the Receive Window Tuning (this was needed for my
> previous Cisco router, an 837 - under which I was able to access both the
> above sites without any difficulties - the 877 is running exactly the same
> configuration).
>
> Any ideas on how to diagnose this further?
>
> Regards,
>
> Andy Neillans

Andy Neillans

Re: REPLY:-: Unable to connect to some sites?
Hi Keith,

Thanks for the suggestion, I downloaded Network Magic, to no avail.

Regards,

Andy Neillans

"Keith D" <scanner@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> Probably no real help but
>
> i launched both sites from URL's quoted in you message
> no problem here
>
> using Vista home premium 32bit
> lynksis router with cables[not wireless]
> into ISP provided cable modem
>
> have you tried network magic ???
> that has an internet bug sorter
>
> http://www.networkmagic.com/download/
>
> full 30 day free trial
> will need installing in all computers with any hassle
>
> cheers
>
> Keith D.
>

>> I'm running Vista Ultimate 32bit and 64bit, and am experiencing a strange
>> problem with accessing a handful of sites using either Internet Explorer
>> or Firefox.
>>
>> First off, my network topology:
>>
>> Router: Cisco 877
>> Desktop 1: Vista Ultimate x64 (Static)
>> Laptop 1: Vista Ultimate x32 (DHCP)
>> Desktop 2: Windows XP Pro (DHCP
>> Laptop 2: Windows Server 2003 Standard (Static)
>>
>> The router serves as the DHCP Server.
>>
>> Ok, now the detail.
>>
>> Best example site I have is www.reuters.com. This one *never* loads
>> under eitehr Vista machine, but works fine under either of the other two.
>> It does, however, get a partial HTML document - enough to display the
>> title and probably a third of the rest.
>> Another example is www.sage.co.uk; this one occasionally loads (although
>> takes 10x longer than normal) or otherwise times out like reuters.
>>
>> I have tried disabling the Receive Window Tuning (this was needed for my
>> previous Cisco router, an 837 - under which I was able to access both the
>> above sites without any difficulties - the 877 is running exactly the
>> same configuration).
>>
>> Any ideas on how to diagnose this further?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Andy Neillans

daverm8 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Andy: I don't use a router, but from another thread from vinaymenon, he suggested unistalling his nvidia network drivers. Do you have those in your machine? I tried it and it worked for me first time. If this helps, cool. If not, good luck.
Dave