How to logout-relogin wiht new user name

TedT

How to logout-relogin wiht new user name
I am using a Vista computer as a file server in our office. I have a few log
in names, but once I am logged in, everytime I go to the server it
automatically grants access, so I never get a chance to change my logout or
log in under another name. I need to reboot my computer before it will again
ask me for a login name and password. How can I log out of the server or
force the server to ask me for a login and pass word again without having to
reboot my computer?
Thanks
Ted
Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: How to logout-relogin wiht new user name
Hi
Make on you own computer another user and set it with other credentials.
If you switch on your computer to the second user (Cal-Alt-Del), and it
would log in as the second user.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"TedT" <TedT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a Vista computer as a file server in our office. I have a few
>log
> in names, but once I am logged in, everytime I go to the server it
> automatically grants access, so I never get a chance to change my logout
> or
> log in under another name. I need to reboot my computer before it will
> again
> ask me for a login name and password. How can I log out of the server or
> force the server to ask me for a login and pass word again without having
> reboot my computer?
> Thanks
> Ted

TedT

Re: How to logout-relogin wiht new user name
Hi Jack,

So there is no way to force a logoff and then reloggin? The issue is I am
using a Vista computer as a file server and have set up users and groups to
access certian folders an a few office staff. if I go to a user's computer,
there is no way I can log them off and then log in as me (as the admin) to
perform any changes on the server? I really do not want to a new user on
everyones computer just so log them off.

Thanks
Ted

"Jack [MVP-Networking]" wrote:

> Hi
> Make on you own computer another user and set it with other credentials.
> If you switch on your computer to the second user (Cal-Alt-Del), and it
> would log in as the second user.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>

> "TedT" <TedT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using a Vista computer as a file server in our office. I have a few
> >log
> > in names, but once I am logged in, everytime I go to the server it
> > automatically grants access, so I never get a chance to change my logout
> > or
> > log in under another name. I need to reboot my computer before it will
> > again
> > ask me for a login name and password. How can I log out of the server or
> > force the server to ask me for a login and pass word again without having
> > reboot my computer?
> > Thanks
> > Ted

> .

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: How to logout-relogin wiht new user name
Hi
Peer-to-peer Network is less flexible for office Server than a real Server
OS.

> Hi Jack,
>
> So there is no way to force a logoff and then reloggin? The issue is I am
> using a Vista computer as a file server and have set up users and groups
> access certian folders an a few office staff. if I go to a user's
> computer,
> there is no way I can log them off and then log in as me (as the admin) to
> perform any changes on the server? I really do not want to a new user on
> everyones computer just so log them off.
>
> Thanks
> Ted
>
> "Jack [MVP-Networking]" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Make on you own computer another user and set it with other credentials.
>> If you switch on your computer to the second user (Cal-Alt-Del), and it
>> would log in as the second user.
>> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>>

>> "TedT" <TedT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using a Vista computer as a file server in our office. I have a
>> >few
>> >log
>> > in names, but once I am logged in, everytime I go to the server it
>> > automatically grants access, so I never get a chance to change my
>> > logout
>> > or
>> > log in under another name. I need to reboot my computer before it will
>> > again
>> > ask me for a login name and password. How can I log out of the server
>> > or
>> > force the server to ask me for a login and pass word again without
>> > having
>> > reboot my computer?
>> > Thanks
>> > Ted

>> .

ddd vgfldldl fllldldl vc

Re: How to logout-relogin wiht new user name
sww cvcbcbb bvbxx