Remove/Changing Network Share

eldiener

Remove/Changing Network Share

How do I remove a network share ? If I open up Network and I open
another computer on the network I see all my network shares. But I want
to remove some of them. I do no see any way to do this from the pop-up
menu.

How do I change the usename/password to a network share to which I need
to connect ? f I open up Network and I open another computer on the
network I see all my network shares. But I need to change the
username/password for connecting to some of them. Again I do no see any
way to do this from the pop-up menu.

I am using Windows Vista 64 Ultimate.

--
eldiener
Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: Remove/Changing Network Share
Hi
If it Shared you would see it. But if the user is Not on the list of allowed
access then he will Not be able to connect to Share.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"eldiener" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> How do I remove a network share ? If I open up Network and I open
> another computer on the network I see all my network shares. But I want
> to remove some of them. I do no see any way to do this from the pop-up
> menu.
>
> How do I change the usename/password to a network share to which I need
> to connect ? f I open up Network and I open another computer on the
> network I see all my network shares. But I need to change the
> username/password for connecting to some of them. Again I do no see any
> way to do this from the pop-up menu.
>
> I am using Windows Vista 64 Ultimate.
>

> --
> eldiener

eldiener

'Jack [MVP-Networking Wrote:
> ;1185197']Hi
> If it Shared you would see it. But if the user is Not on the list of
> allowed
> access then he will Not be able to connect to Share.
> 'File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista'
> (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx)
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>
> "eldiener" <guest@newsgroup-email.com> wrote in message
> news:7d814c2d76c19bf36aa874254056c3de@newsgroup-gateway.com...> > >
> > >
> > > How do I remove a network share ? If I open up Network and I open
> > > another computer on the network I see all my network shares. But I

> > want
> > > to remove some of them. I do no see any way to do this from the

> > pop-up
> > > menu.
> > >
> > > How do I change the usename/password to a network share to which I

> > need
> > > to connect ? f I open up Network and I open another computer on the
> > > network I see all my network shares. But I need to change the
> > > username/password for connecting to some of them. Again I do no see

> > any
> > > way to do this from the pop-up menu.
> > >
> > > I am using Windows Vista 64 Ultimate.
> > >

> > > --
> > > eldiener > >

The username and password for connecting to the share were changed. Now
I want to give a new valid username and password so I can connect. How
can I do that ? Surely I should be allowed to change the username and
password with which I connect to a share on another machine.

--
eldiener