On Sat, 5 May 2007 12:05:14 -0400, "Alex Whatley" <email@example.com>
>I recently reloaded my Vista Laptop and now cannot connect to my XP shared
>Drives, Worked fine with vista the first time around,
The two key settings which cause the most problems:
* Set the Network Location Type to "Private". This implies that your
computers are secure, behind a perimeter firewall or a NAT router, and opens the
personal firewall for file sharing.
* Put all computers in the same workgroup.
* Make sure that NetBT is Enabled consistently.
* Make sure that all personal firewalls are properly setup.
* Make sure that name resolution is consistently setup.
If that doesn't help, describe more completely "cannot connect".
Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]
Paranoia is not a problem, when it's a normal response from experience.
My email is AT DOT
actual address pchuck mvps org.