net view error 58

Clayton

net view error 58
For some reason I am unable to see the network icon for my NAS in Networks,
I can see other computers and can access them ok, someone suggested to go to
cmd and type net view but when I do I get "system error 58 has occurred" the
specified server cannot perform the requested operation.

Thanks

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: net view error 58
Hi
Download this free util. run it. You would see every thing that is on the
Network and its Shares.
http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> For some reason I am unable to see the network icon for my NAS in
> Networks, I can see other computers and can access them ok, someone
> suggested to go to cmd and type net view but when I do I get "system error
> 58 has occurred" the specified server cannot perform the requested
> operation.
>
> Thanks

Clayton

Re: net view error 58
Thanks, I can see the NAS with this utility but still can not see it in
Networks, how do I fix this?

"Jack [MVP-Networking]" <jack@discussiongroup.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Download this free util. run it. You would see every thing that is on the
> Network and its Shares.
> http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>
> "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>> For some reason I am unable to see the network icon for my NAS in
>> Networks, I can see other computers and can access them ok, someone
>> suggested to go to cmd and type net view but when I do I get "system
>> error 58 has occurred" the specified server cannot perform the requested
>> operation.
>>
>> Thanks

Clayton

Re: net view error 58
It seems to be showing now, I don't know why the delay

cheers

> Thanks, I can see the NAS with this utility but still can not see it in
> Networks, how do I fix this?
>

> "Jack [MVP-Networking]" <jack@discussiongroup.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> Download this free util. run it. You would see every thing that is on the
>> Network and its Shares.
>> http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
>> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>>> For some reason I am unable to see the network icon for my NAS in
>>> Networks, I can see other computers and can access them ok, someone
>>> suggested to go to cmd and type net view but when I do I get "system
>>> error 58 has occurred" the specified server cannot perform the requested
>>> operation.
>>>
>>> Thanks

Clayton

Re: net view error 58