Can't find address for wireless router

Ken W

Can't find address for wireless router
I have a Linksys wireless router, but I don't know how to find the IP address
to configure it. I've had it for a few years now and can't find the
documentation, but I changed the IP address from the standard one they always
use. How can I find what it is?
Jim

Re: Can't find address for wireless router
On XP, it is the Default Gateway as reported by ipconfig/all
Jim
"Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Linksys wireless router, but I don't know how to find the IP
>address
> to configure it. I've had it for a few years now and can't find the
> documentation, but I changed the IP address from the standard one they
> always
> use. How can I find what it is?

Ken W

Re: Can't find address for wireless router
I have Vista. Would that be the same?

"Jim" wrote:

> On XP, it is the Default Gateway as reported by ipconfig/all
> Jim
> "Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Linksys wireless router, but I don't know how to find the IP
> >address
> > to configure it. I've had it for a few years now and can't find the
> > documentation, but I changed the IP address from the standard one they
> > always
> > use. How can I find what it is?

> .

Jim

Re: Can't find address for wireless router
Don't know. What happens when you execute the command?
news7EF67A2-62D5-4425-8162-E4DF7EE3CAA1@microsoft.com...
>I have Vista. Would that be the same?
>
> "Jim" wrote:
>
>> On XP, it is the Default Gateway as reported by ipconfig/all
>> Jim
>> "Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a Linksys wireless router, but I don't know how to find the IP
>> >address
>> > to configure it. I've had it for a few years now and can't find the
>> > documentation, but I changed the IP address from the standard one they
>> > always
>> > use. How can I find what it is?

>> .

Bill Kearney

Re: Can't find address for wireless router

"Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Linksys wireless router, but I don't know how to find the IP
>address
> to configure it. I've had it for a few years now and can't find the
> documentation, but I changed the IP address from the standard one they
> always
> use. How can I find what it is?

Set up your PC to use a DHCP connection. Connect the PC to the router
directly, and only to the router. Reboot the router and then reboot the PC.

Then consider using a newsgroup better suited to answer a wifi router
connection. Like, oh say, alt.internet.wireless.

Or here's a better suggestion, search for factory reset and the linksys
router's model number. Force it back to factory defaults. And download
it's manual from the linksys website while you're at it.

David B.

Re: Can't find address for wireless router
Don't know? Why are you replying in a Vista group if you don't know the
answer to the question?

"Jim" <j.n@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Don't know. What happens when you execute the command?
> Jim
> "Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news7EF67A2-62D5-4425-8162-E4DF7EE3CAA1@microsoft.com...
>>I have Vista. Would that be the same?
>>
>> "Jim" wrote:
>>
>>> On XP, it is the Default Gateway as reported by ipconfig/all
>>> Jim
>>> "Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> .

David B.

Re: Can't find address for wireless router
Yes, it is the same.