msn massnger after sleeping mode

sszkh

msn massnger after sleeping mode

i use windows vista, i need to confirm this please, if you are available
on msn massenger and didnt log out, then i put my laptop on sleep mode,
then i leave home while my laptop still on sleep mode, there is no wifi
on air, and when i open my laptop on a place that provides internet, my
msn masenger reconnect automatically, (even my signing in set up is not
to sign in automatically after turing on my compter on if it was shut
down).

--
sszkh
sszkh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/147888.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: msn massnger after sleeping mode
Hi
Sleep mode is Not like Off. It is the correct behavior under sleep, when
the Power Control Options are set to Wake Up the Network connection upon
emerging from sleep.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"sszkh" <sszkh.40j07b@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> i use windows vista, i need to confirm this please, if you are available
> on msn massenger and didnt log out, then i put my laptop on sleep mode,
> then i leave home while my laptop still on sleep mode, there is no wifi
> on air, and when i open my laptop on a place that provides internet, my
> msn masenger reconnect automatically, (even my signing in set up is not
> to sign in automatically after turing on my compter on if it was shut
> down).
>

> --
> sszkh
> sszkh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/147888.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...rk/1262328.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

sszkh

Re: msn massnger after sleeping mode

so it is correct that msn massneger reconnect automatically, thank you i
wanted to confirm this info .... but do you have an answer for what the
computer do while sleeping mode to msn massenger and after turn it back
on like where the data have been saved etc ...

--
sszkh
sszkh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/147888.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...rk/1262328.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: msn massnger after sleeping mode
Hi
When the computer is a sleep there is No activity in the Messenger on your
computer (it does not work and valued data is Not recorded).
The re-availability of the messenger occurs when the computer is getting
out from sleep and the Network becomes active again.
If there was outside activity concerning your messenger, like some one tried
to connect to you, or and left a message, it is recorded on Microsoft's
Messenger servers and it is transferred to your computer when it wakes up.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"sszkh" <sszkh.40j8ja@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> so it is correct that msn massneger reconnect automatically, thank you i
> wanted to confirm this info .... but do you have an answer for what the
> computer do while sleeping mode to msn massenger and after turn it back
> on like where the data have been saved etc ...
>

> --
> sszkh
> sszkh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/147888.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...rk/1262328.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: msn massnger after sleeping mode
Hi
When the computer is a sleep there is No local activity in the messenger.
If some one tries to connect to you, or leave a message while you are a
sleep or not available, this info is recorded on Microsoft's messenger
Servers, and it is transferred automatically to your computer when the
computer wakes up and resumes the Internet connection.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"sszkh" <sszkh.40j8ja@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> so it is correct that msn massneger reconnect automatically, thank you i
> wanted to confirm this info .... but do you have an answer for what the
> computer do while sleeping mode to msn massenger and after turn it back
> on like where the data have been saved etc ...
>

> --
> sszkh
> sszkh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/147888.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...rk/1262328.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

sszkh

Re: msn messenger after sleeping mode

thank you so much but i need to confirm one info i know it is the same
of what you are saying, when my laptop on sleep mode i appear offline
because there is no internet connection and when its awake again it will
show my contact list that am just signed in right.

--
sszkh
sszkh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/147888.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...rk/1262328.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: msn messenger after sleeping mode
Hi
Yeah, the messenger server senses that your Internet connection is dormant
and thus it would appear in the Off Line section of other people that keep
track of you.
Once you computer wakes Up and the messenger is a live and on line again,
the server would detect it and the status of your connection would change to
Availlable.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).