isc and vista

nswboy

isc and vista
I have two vista pc's, one successfully conncted to a broadband modem through
"network" as well as the local area connection through "ünidentified network"
but the 2nd pc, connected via ethernet will connect to the other pc and share
files but I cannot get to connect to the net. ICS is enabled on both pcs but
there seems to be no option to enable it for "network" only the "unidentified
network". Please help! Thanks
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: isc and vista
What do you mean "ICS is enabled on both pcs"? You should enable one computer as ICS host and other computers as clients.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"nswboy" <nswboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA82DB00-A0D6-4E03-A048-FE1BBA394998@microsoft.com...
I have two vista pc's, one successfully conncted to a broadband modem through
"network" as well as the local area connection through "ünidentified network"
but the 2nd pc, connected via ethernet will connect to the other pc and share
files but I cannot get to connect to the net. ICS is enabled on both pcs but
there seems to be no option to enable it for "network" only the "unidentified
network". Please help! Thanks
nswboy

Re: isc and vista
Hi Bob,
Sorry I was wrong with the ICS stuff. The host pc has two networks, one
(Network)to access local and internet and one just local (which has the
sharing tab and ics set to ënable others etc). The client pc has only the
local (limited connectivity) with no sharing tab and I can't create another
(Network) to allow it to hook up with the host pc's internet connection. My
two former XP pcs had no such problem and we connected them ok but it seems
much harder with vista. Thanks for taking the time to help :-)
Bruce