Internet explorer unable to display website

yaro137

Internet explorer unable to display website
This is a rather weird one. I can ping my default gateway, 4.2.2.2 and
google.com just fine. There are no proxies set up in IE LAN Settings.
When connecting via cable I'm getting a right IP assigned by my
router. Bizarrely I can establish a VPN connection to my work just
fine. Scanned for spyware and viruses with nothing detected. Restarted
the router. The only thing that's out of normal is that when I run the
tracert command to say google.com the first IP on top is my NICs IP
not the default gateway as you would expect. Any ideas?
yaro
Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Internet explorer unable to display website
It could 3rd party software, for example Cisco VPN. Or check this search
result.
You can ping any web sites but not access them
Related Topics. Q & A: Can ping any web sites but not access using IE
.... Can't run IE Can't access some web sites Can't access the Internet via
USB after ...
www.chicagotech.net/Internet/accessissue1.htm

--
Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"yaro137" <yaro137@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> This is a rather weird one. I can ping my default gateway, 4.2.2.2 and
> google.com just fine. There are no proxies set up in IE LAN Settings.
> When connecting via cable I'm getting a right IP assigned by my
> router. Bizarrely I can establish a VPN connection to my work just
> fine. Scanned for spyware and viruses with nothing detected. Restarted
> the router. The only thing that's out of normal is that when I run the
> tracert command to say google.com the first IP on top is my NICs IP
> not the default gateway as you would expect. Any ideas?
> yaro

yaro137

Re: Internet explorer unable to display website
On Oct 17, 5:43*am, "Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\)" <nore...@chicagotech.net>
wrote:
> It could 3rd party software, for example Cisco VPN. Or check this search
> result.
> You can ping any web sites but not access them
> * * * Related Topics. Q & A: Can ping any web sites but not access using IE
> ... Can't run IE Can't access some web sites Can't access the Internet via
> USB after ...
> * * *www.chicagotech.net/Internet/accessissue1.htm
>
> --
> Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting onhttp://www.ChicagoTech.net
> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access onhttp://www.HowToNetworking.com
>
> "yaro137" <yaro...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > This is a rather weird one. I can ping my default gateway, 4.2.2.2 and
> > google.com just fine. There are no proxies set up in IE LAN Settings.
> > When connecting via cable I'm getting a right IP assigned by my
> > router. Bizarrely I can establish a VPN connection to my work just
> > fine. Scanned for spyware and viruses with nothing detected. Restarted
> > the router. The only thing that's out of normal is that when I run the
> > tracert command to say google.com the first IP on top is my NICs IP
> > not the default gateway as you would expect. Any ideas?
> > yaro

System Restore fixed the thing.
yaro