Remote support set up

BeeGeeBlueBoy

Remote support set up
I have a Vista machine. I want to control an XP machine that is connected to
the internet.

What setting do I need to know from the XP machine and what settings do I
need to make on their PC to validate me logging into their PC?

Thanks

Jack \(MVP-Networking\)

Re: Remote support set up

Hi
Maybe this can Help,
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...top-Connection
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"BeeGeeBlueBoy" <julian@theglassfamily.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a Vista machine. I want to control an XP machine that is connected
>to the internet.
>
> What setting do I need to know from the XP machine and what settings do I
> need to make on their PC to validate me logging into their PC?
>
> Thanks

rak

Re: Remote support set up
One thing I found straight forward and useful is Windows Live Mesh. You
might like it for this purpose.

"BeeGeeBlueBoy" <julian@theglassfamily.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have a Vista machine. I want to control an XP machine that is connected
> to the internet.
>
> What setting do I need to know from the XP machine and what settings do I
> need to make on their PC to validate me logging into their PC?
>
> Thanks

lemur

Re: Remote support set up

On XP computer...
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...moteintro.mspx

--
lemur

::If *ANYONE* in this forum helps you, please click on
their *REP* icon. Thanks! (the middle scale icon in the upper right
corner)::
BeeGeeBlueBoy

Re: Remote support set up
If the client is XP sp3 they will have RDC client installed won't they so I
should be able to connect provided thaye have it active?

"Jack (MVP-Networking)" <jack@discussiongroup.com> wrote in message

> Hi
> Maybe this can Help,
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...top-Connection
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>
> "BeeGeeBlueBoy" <julian@theglassfamily.co.uk> wrote in message
>>I have a Vista machine. I want to control an XP machine that is connected
>>to the internet.
>>
>> What setting do I need to know from the XP machine and what settings do I
>> need to make on their PC to validate me logging into their PC?
>>
>> Thanks

BeeGeeBlueBoy

Re: Remote support set up
I'm in a vendor/client relationship over the internet so I would need to
connect to their PC and see their desktop awaiting the client to sign in on
my behalf. We would then share the same desktop.

How would that be set up?

Cheers,

Julian