Wireless broken when computer is locked

wayne

Wireless broken when computer is locked
i am currently using a Sony VAIO, Vista business edition.
I noticed that whenever I lock by laptop, the wireless connection will drop
after sometime. I will need to re-establish the connection when i login to
the computer again. Another of my colleague has the same problem.

Has anyone encounter the same problem, is there a resolution to it?
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Wireless broken when computer is locked
When you said "whenever I lock by laptop", do you mean sleep mode? You may re-set power management. This search result may help,

Vista Wireless IssuesPost Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:26 am Post subject: Vista: Wireless connectivity issue ... The wireless connection may drop when you use battery power. ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistawireless.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"wayne" <wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44F90A58-5174-4637-B21C-6A1CB3704B80@microsoft.com...
i am currently using a Sony VAIO, Vista business edition.
I noticed that whenever I lock by laptop, the wireless connection will drop
after sometime. I will need to re-establish the connection when i login to
the computer again. Another of my colleague has the same problem.

Has anyone encounter the same problem, is there a resolution to it?
Carlos

RE: Wireless broken when computer is locked
Hi wayne,
I've got a similar problem, I'm using vista home premium in a private
wireless network with nothing else connected to this network at the moment,
but everytime I switch off the laptop or put it on sleep mode I loose the
wireless connection, and then like you I have to re-establish the connection
when I switch it on again, even 5 minutes later.
Any help will be appreciated

Carlos

wayne

Re: Wireless broken when computer is locked
When I lock my laptop, I mean leaving it ON and idle with power connected. I
had tried to reset the power management but it doesn't help.