Unable to connect to internet when using the Guest User account

brighs

Unable to connect to internet when using the Guest User account
I am unable to access the internet when logged in under the guest user account.  I am using a Verizon broadband card to access the internet which works just fine when logged in as a regular user.  Is there a setting that needs to be changed in the setup of the guest account?

Malke

Re: Unable to connect to internet when using the Guest User account
wrote:

> I am unable to access the internet when logged in under the guest user
> account.  I am using a Verizon broadband card to access the internet
> which works just fine when logged in as a regular user.  Is there a
> setting that needs to be changed in the setup of the guest account?

You don't want to use the Guest account anyway. The Guest account is a
special system account, not one meant for when you are feeling hospitable.
It is disabled by default in Windows XP, Vista, Linux, Unix, and OS X for a
reason.

From TechNet:

"The Guest account is intended for users who require temporary access to the
system. However, if this account is enabled, a security risk may exist
because an unauthorized user could gain anonymous access to the system
through this account."

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...chNet.10).aspx

So if you enabled Guest, disable it now and create a Standard/Limited
(Vista, XP Pro/XP Home) for your visitors. Call the new user account
something like "Visitor".

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Gordon

"brighs" wrote in message news:OnS7NUnKKHA.4236@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> I am unable to access the internet when logged in under the guest user
> account.  I am using a Verizon broadband card to access the internet
> which works just fine when logged in as a regular user.  Is there a
> setting that needs to be changed in the setup of the guest account?
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

What Malke said.

bentmallet

Re: Unable to connect to internet when using the Guest User account

-Hi there, -
-I'm having the same issue with WM on my laptop. I can only use Windows
mail as 1 user. As any other user, WM doesn't "see" my internet
connection, and prompts me to connect although I'm online. I should
mention that both user accounts I'm using ARE admin level, not guest
accounts- so I don't think that is part of your problem...-

--
bentmallet