Wirless problem on vista home basic

Arjun

Wirless problem on vista home basic
Hello
I have a Compaq laptop which has a amd Processor.
I had some problems with the built in wireless.
When i took it to hp they replaced the motherboard.
After 2 days it stopped working. When i told them about they said i
would need to format the laptop.
I put a Ubuntu CD in and it recognised the wireless driver, after that
windows saw the wireless driver.
I feel the wireless is working, not sure about windows
Please tell me what info you need. and what to do
Thank you
Arjun
Saucy

Re: Wirless problem on vista home basic
Just an idea: Use Device Manager and uninstall the wireless device. Reboot.
Windows should recognize/re-detect the device if it is working.

Saucy

"Arjun" <ajfrod@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> I have a Compaq laptop which has a amd Processor.
> I had some problems with the built in wireless.
> When i took it to hp they replaced the motherboard.
> After 2 days it stopped working. When i told them about they said i
> would need to format the laptop.
> I put a Ubuntu CD in and it recognised the wireless driver, after that
> windows saw the wireless driver.
> I feel the wireless is working, not sure about windows
> Please tell me what info you need. and what to do
> Thank you
> Arjun

Arjun

Re: Wirless problem on vista home basic
I tried that but it does not show in Device Manager

On Aug 31, 2:21*am, "Saucy" <saucyle...@newsgroup.nospam> wrote:
> Just an idea: Use Device Manager and uninstall the wireless device. Reboot.
> Windows should recognize/re-detect the device if it is working.
>
> Saucy
>
> "Arjun" <ajf...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello
> > I have a Compaq laptop which has a amd Processor.
> > I had some problems with the built in wireless.
> > When i took it to hp they replaced the motherboard.
> > After 2 days it stopped working. When i told them about they said i
> > would need to format the laptop.
> > I put a Ubuntu CD in and it recognised the wireless driver, after that
> > windows saw the wireless driver.
> > I feel the wireless is working, not sure about windows
> > Please tell me what info you need. and what to do
> > Thank you
> > Arjun- Hide quoted text -

Richard in AZ

"Arjun" <ajfrod@gmail.com> wrote in message news:667d5a86-ed41-4128-afe8-e9acb57f9039@d4g2000prc.googlegroups.com...
I tried that but it does not show in Device Manager

On Aug 31, 2:21 am, "Saucy" <saucyle...@newsgroup.nospam> wrote:
> Just an idea: Use Device Manager and uninstall the wireless device. Reboot.
> Windows should recognize/re-detect the device if it is working.
>
> Saucy
>
> "Arjun" <ajf...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello
> > I have a Compaq laptop which has a amd Processor.
> > I had some problems with the built in wireless.
> > When i took it to hp they replaced the motherboard.
> > After 2 days it stopped working. When i told them about they said i
> > would need to format the laptop.
> > I put a Ubuntu CD in and it recognised the wireless driver, after that
> > windows saw the wireless driver.
> > I feel the wireless is working, not sure about windows
> > Please tell me what info you need. and what to do
> > Thank you
> > Arjun- Hide quoted text -

Then that is your problem. You have to have the hardware show in the device manager.
Check for the correct drivers again.
Arjun

Re: Wirless problem on vista home basic
I checked that. It does not show in device manager, But it will show a
wireless lan in ubuntu.

On Aug 31, 11:07*pm, "Richard in AZ" <m...@mailinator.com> wrote:
> "Arjun" <ajf...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:667d5a86-ed41-4128-afe8-e9acb57f9039@d4g2000prc.googlegroups.com...
>
> I tried that but it does not show in Device Manager
>
> On Aug 31, 2:21 am, "Saucy" <saucyle...@newsgroup.nospam> wrote:
>

> > Just an idea: Use Device Manager and uninstall the wireless device. Reboot.
> > Windows should recognize/re-detect the device if it is working.

> > Saucy

> > "Arjun" <ajf...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Hello
> > > I have a Compaq laptop which has a amd Processor.
> > > I had some problems with the built in wireless.
> > > When i took it to hp they replaced the motherboard.
> > > After 2 days it stopped working. When i told them about they said i
> > > would need to format the laptop.
> > > I put a Ubuntu CD in and it recognised the wireless driver, after that
> > > windows saw the wireless driver.
> > > I feel the wireless is working, not sure about windows
> > > Please tell me what info you need. and what to do
> > > Thank you
> > > Arjun- Hide quoted text -

> Then that is your problem. *You have to have the hardware show in the device manager.
> Check for the correct drivers again.- Hide quoted text -

Richard in AZ

Re: Wirless problem on vista home basic
Ubuntu has the drivers for your wireless NIC, your Windows does not. Go to the venders site and get the Windows drivers for your NIC.
Remember Ubuntu and Windows do not use the same driver software.