Error 0x80070005 access is denied

Ray Kilham

Error 0x80070005 access is denied
I have a wired network at home with work fine with one exception, I have just
added to one of the PC`s a USB hard drive for the storage of photos.
I have set it as a shared drive, it shows in the list of drives on the
network, but when I try to set it as a networrk drive I get the above
message, we have many more USB hard drives on the network with can be
accessed without problem, the drive is new and has been formatted as "NFTS"
I have checked the settings of this drive against the others and they seem
to match unless I have missed something.
Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Error 0x80070005 access is denied
0x80070005 is permission issue. These post may help.

a.. Can't access XP with error 0x80070005
2 posts - Last post: Nov 20, 2007
In many cases, 0x80070005 error is access denied error. It could be
permission issue, name resolution issue or computer browser issue. ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=2201 - Similar

a.. chicagotech.net :: View topic - Fixed Error code 0x80070005 by ...
Fixed Error code 0x80070005 by creating the same username ... Windows
OS Can't access XP with error 0x80070005 · Vista can ping XP but ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...php?t=3597&sid...

--
Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Ray Kilham" <RayKilham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a wired network at home with work fine with one exception, I have
>just
> added to one of the PC`s a USB hard drive for the storage of photos.
> I have set it as a shared drive, it shows in the list of drives on the
> network, but when I try to set it as a networrk drive I get the above
> message, we have many more USB hard drives on the network with can be
> accessed without problem, the drive is new and has been formatted as
> "NFTS"
> I have checked the settings of this drive against the others and they seem
> to match unless I have missed something.

Ray Kilham

Re: Error 0x80070005 access is denied
Hi Bob,

All sorted, had to add a group in the permissions box, many thanks.

"Bob Lin (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> 0x80070005 is permission issue. These post may help.
>
> a.. Can't access XP with error 0x80070005
> 2 posts - Last post: Nov 20, 2007
> In many cases, 0x80070005 error is access denied error. It could be
> permission issue, name resolution issue or computer browser issue. ...
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=2201 - Similar
>
> a.. chicagotech.net :: View topic - Fixed Error code 0x80070005 by ...
> Fixed Error code 0x80070005 by creating the same username ... Windows
> OS Can't access XP with error 0x80070005 · Vista can ping XP but ...
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...php?t=3597&sid...
>

> --
> Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Ray Kilham" <RayKilham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a wired network at home with work fine with one exception, I have
> >just
> > added to one of the PC`s a USB hard drive for the storage of photos.
> > I have set it as a shared drive, it shows in the list of drives on the
> > network, but when I try to set it as a networrk drive I get the above
> > message, we have many more USB hard drives on the network with can be
> > accessed without problem, the drive is new and has been formatted as
> > "NFTS"
> > I have checked the settings of this drive against the others and they seem
> > to match unless I have missed something.

Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Error 0x80070005 access is denied
Thank you for the update.