IE8 is slow to open this NG

brummyfan

IE8 is slow to open this NG
Why it is slow to open only this NG while other sites opens up almost
instantaneously using IE8.
My specs: Athlon LE1620 2GHz, 2GB RAM, Avira Antivirus, Windows Vista
Ultimate.
Frankster

Re: IE8 is slow to open this NG

"brummyfan" <brummyfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why it is slow to open only this NG while other sites opens up almost
> instantaneously using IE8.
> My specs: Athlon LE1620 2GHz, 2GB RAM, Avira Antivirus, Windows Vista
> Ultimate.

Coud it be because IE8 can't open a newsgroup?

-Frank

Frankster

Re: IE8 is slow to open this NG

"Frankster" <frank@SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote in message
news:FradnXWvYptX9NjXnZ2dnUVZ_smdnZ2d@giganews.com ...

> "brummyfan" <brummyfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Why it is slow to open only this NG while other sites opens up almost
>> instantaneously using IE8.
>> My specs: Athlon LE1620 2GHz, 2GB RAM, Avira Antivirus, Windows Vista
>> Ultimate.

> Coud it be because IE8 can't open a newsgroup?
>
> -Frank

Oh the other hand, if you mean IE8 is slow to open, period... try getting
rid off all the crap toolbars it installed by default. After you get rid of
them, it will open fast. And it will be faster than IE7.

-Frank

brummyfan

Re: IE8 is slow to open this NG

"Frankster" wrote:

> "Frankster" <frank@SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote in message
> news:FradnXWvYptX9NjXnZ2dnUVZ_smdnZ2d@giganews.com ...
> >
> > "brummyfan" <brummyfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Why it is slow to open only this NG while other sites opens up almost
> >> instantaneously using IE8.
> >> My specs: Athlon LE1620 2GHz, 2GB RAM, Avira Antivirus, Windows Vista
> >> Ultimate.

> > Coud it be because IE8 can't open a newsgroup?
> >
> > -Frank

> Oh the other hand, if you mean IE8 is slow to open, period... try getting
> rid off all the crap toolbars it installed by default. After you get rid of
> them, it will open fast. And it will be faster than IE7.
>
> -Frank
>
> Thanks Frank, I have removed Yahoo tool bar and some Add-ons, problem solved.

Gordon

>> Thanks Frank, I have removed Yahoo tool bar and some Add-ons, problem
>> solved.

Even better solution -
Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the horrible web interface. Use a news
reader instead.

Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail Newsreader
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx

brummyfan

Re: IE8 is slow to open this NG

"Gordon" wrote:

> "brummyfan" <brummyfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Thanks Frank, I have removed Yahoo tool bar and some Add-ons, problem
> >> solved.

> Even better solution -
> Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the horrible web interface. Use a news
> reader instead.
>
> Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm
>
> Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail Newsreader
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx

Thank you for this very helpful post, it's very easy to set up and I am
quite pleased with the outcome. Thanks again.

> "Gordon" wrote:
>

>> "brummyfan" <brummyfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> Even better solution -
>> Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the horrible web interface. Use a news
>> reader instead.
>>
>> Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups
>> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm
>>
>> Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail Newsreader
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx
>>

> Thank you for this very helpful post, it's very easy to set up and I am
> quite pleased with the outcome. Thanks again.

YW!
Welcome to the wonderful world of Usenet!