Mapped Drives - Group Policy Preferences

TVNathan

Mapped Drives - Group Policy Preferences
Hi everyone. So, here’s my issue. I’m using group policy preferences to map
drives for my Windows XP and Vista clients. The Windows XP clients are fine,
but I notice that from time to time when a standard or admin user logs on to
a Vista clients, the mapped drives will not show up. When he logs off and
back on again, they appear. I don’t believe this is the UAC issue that other
people have had. Any tips on solving this issue? I am using the Update
Action, Reconnect is clear, Hide/Show this driver is “Show this drive” and
Hide/Show all drivers is “No Change”

Thanks!

TVNathan

Re: Mapped Drives - Group Policy Preferences
Hi,

That didn't seem to be related to UAC... Any other suggestions? Is there
some log I can look at about GPO Preferences?

Nathan

"Bob Lin (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> In most cases, Vista logon script issue is related to UAC. If you already
> disable the UAC and still have the same problem, you may try to modify the
> regedit. This post may help too:
> Login script does not map network drive in Vista
> Aug 10, 2008 ... You are using Windows Vista. However, the login
> script does not map the network drive successfully. If you manually run the
> script on your ...
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=4710
>

> --
> Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "TVNathan" <TVNathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news0228EA9-C890-42A1-A395-7EF3BC64880C@microsoft.com...
> > Hi everyone. So, here’s my issue. I’m using group policy preferences to
> > map
> > drives for my Windows XP and Vista clients. The Windows XP clients are
> > fine,
> > but I notice that from time to time when a standard or admin user logs on
> > a Vista clients, the mapped drives will not show up. When he logs off and
> > back on again, they appear. I don’t believe this is the UAC issue that
> > other
> > people have had. Any tips on solving this issue? I am using the Update
> > Action, Reconnect is clear, Hide/Show this driver is “Show this drive” and
> > Hide/Show all drivers is “No Change”
> >
> > Thanks!

TVNathan

RE: Mapped Drives - Group Policy Preferences
So I solved my own problem... if you have drive maps that disappear every
other logon, you need to enable ""Always wait for network at computer startup
and logon" and create a GPO to apply it to the affected workstations... This
seems like a bug to me...