Can't connect to a wireless router?

Evanfire3000

Can't connect to a wireless router?

Hi there,

I just bought Windows Vista Home Basic to use on a MacBook, and created
a partition using a program called BootCamp, which allows the use of Mac
OS X as well as Windows XP or Vista. I installed Vista and was excited
to use it but then I was unable to connect to the wireless router in my
house. I'm not sure why, but the Mac OS X part of my computer is using
the internet through the router, but the Windows Vista will not pick up
the signal from the router. Does anyone have a similar problem or
solution? Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thank you,
Evan

--
Evanfire3000
Crispy2007

Re: Can't connect to a wireless router?

You need to go into your router and make sure that Broadcasting is on
otherwise it wont be able to send out a signal that the router is there,
and other things to make sure that are set correctly is your security
settings match and supported by the hardware otherwise it you will have
to change your settings witch can stuff up your Mac settings.

--
Crispy2007

If you think anyone helped you, don't hesitate to add reputation using
this icon. [image: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9366/repsig.jpg]
Malke

Evanfire3000 wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I just bought Windows Vista Home Basic to use on a MacBook, and created
> a partition using a program called BootCamp, which allows the use of Mac
> OS X as well as Windows XP or Vista. I installed Vista and was excited
> to use it but then I was unable to connect to the wireless router in my
> house. I'm not sure why, but the Mac OS X part of my computer is using
> the internet through the router, but the Windows Vista will not pick up
> the signal from the router. Does anyone have a similar problem or
> solution? Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Vista should be using the wireless drivers provided by Boot Camp. Are you
getting a wireless signal or just not able to connect? I can't tell from
your post which it is. If you have no wireless at all on the Windows side,
reinstall the wireless drivers. Use the Apple Boot Camp drivers.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h...en/bc1143.html

If your wireless is active but still can't connect, in Windows please do:

Start>Search>type: cmd [enter]

This will give you a command prompt. At the command prompt, type:

ipconfig /all [enter]

Post back with the IP address of the wireless adapter and the gateway.

If you get any error messages when you try to connect wirelessly, please
quote them exactly without paraphrasing. Tell us what make/model router you
are using and the level of encryption.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: Can't connect to a wireless router?
Hi
Maybe this can Help,
http://derekhat.com/make-wireless-wo...ta-on-macbook/
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Evanfire3000" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi there,
>
> I just bought Windows Vista Home Basic to use on a MacBook, and created
> a partition using a program called BootCamp, which allows the use of Mac
> OS X as well as Windows XP or Vista. I installed Vista and was excited
> to use it but then I was unable to connect to the wireless router in my
> house. I'm not sure why, but the Mac OS X part of my computer is using
> the internet through the router, but the Windows Vista will not pick up
> the signal from the router. Does anyone have a similar problem or
> solution? Please let me know if you have any ideas.
>
> Thank you,
> Evan
>

> --
> Evanfire3000

Evanfire3000

Re: Can't connect to a wireless router?

Thank you so much everyone! I was able to put my Mac OS X cd into my
disk drive while running windows vista, and I was able to receive a
connection from our router. Thank you so much for all of your help!

Evan

--
Evanfire3000
Malke

Evanfire3000 wrote:

> Thank you so much everyone! I was able to put my Mac OS X cd into my
> disk drive while running windows vista, and I was able to receive a
> connection from our router. Thank you so much for all of your help!

Glad to hear that sorted it for you. Thanks for taking the time to let us
know.

Malke