Removing a Network Location

SJSU Email

Removing a Network Location
When I try to remove a network location from My Network Locations, Vista
hangs up and I have to go to the device manager to shut it down.

How do I remove it successfully?

Thanks.

Jack-MVP

Re: Removing a Network Location
Hi
If you have an actual functional problem describe what it is.
If it is merely a visual annoyance of an extra Icon, make sure that nothing
is mapped to the Fathom Network and leave it alone, it would go away after
few boots.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"SJSU Email" <adavis@email.sjsu.edu> wrote in message
> When I try to remove a network location from My Network Locations, Vista
> hangs up and I have to go to the device manager to shut it down.
>
> How do I remove it successfully?
>
> Thanks.

SJSU Email

Re: Removing a Network Location
The problem is that the network location is no longer valid and I need to
remove it---the file, not simply an annoying icon.

"Jack-MVP" <jack@discussgroups.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> If you have an actual functional problem describe what it is.
> If it is merely a visual annoyance of an extra Icon, make sure that
> nothing is mapped to the Fathom Network and leave it alone, it would go
> away after few boots.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
>
> "SJSU Email" <adavis@email.sjsu.edu> wrote in message
>> When I try to remove a network location from My Network Locations, Vista
>> hangs up and I have to go to the device manager to shut it down.
>>
>> How do I remove it successfully?
>>
>> Thanks.

Jack-MVP

Re: Removing a Network Location
Hi
Make sure that all the computers that are Now on the Network are configured
with the exact same Network name, and each has a unique computer name.
Delete every unneeded Network Icon that you can right click on and have a
Delete option.
If something stay behind let it Ride for a while and it would disappear.