ms access problem in windows vista home premium

solomon07in is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ms access problem in windows vista home premium
I have an applicatoin which is installed on two differrent computers(client and server) which runs on Windows home premium and there is an MDB file which is shared to client computer but a weird thing happens, the user who entered the information in one computer(client computer) does not show up in another computer(server) vice-versa.

When I go into the client computer and see the database file on the server through a mapped network i can see only the information entered through the client computer application

Similary when i go to the server and open the same database file i can only see the information entered from the server application.

It looks so wierd? is there something i am missing or is it any security rights i have to provide
Jack-MVP

Re: ms access problem in windows vista home premium
Hi
I would look at the support site of the application.
The OS handles software according to the way the software was written they
would know better how their software works on a Network.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"solomon07in" <solomon07in.3tld4d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:solomon07in.3tld4d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> I have an applicatoin which is installed on two differrent
> computers(client and server) which runs on Windows home premium and
> there is an MDB file which is shared to client computer but a weird
> thing happens, the user who entered the information in one
> computer(client computer) does not show up in another computer(server)
> vice-versa.
>
> When I go into the client computer and see the database file on the
> server through a mapped network i can see only the information entered
> through the client computer application
>
> Similary when i go to the server and open the same database file i can
> only see the information entered from the server application.
>
> It looks so wierd? is there something i am missing or is it any
> security rights i have to provide
>

> --
> solomon07in

solomon07in is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: ms access problem in windows vista home premium
Hi jack, thanks for your reply.

I am one who has written this software.

Thanks
Alixes