Toshiba ConfigFree Icon

jkeat.34

Toshiba ConfigFree Icon
Does anyone know how to get the Toshiba ConfigFree Icon to show on the
Notification Bar on a Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista installed?
John E. Carty

Re: Toshiba ConfigFree Icon

"jkeat.34" <jkeat.34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to get the Toshiba ConfigFree Icon to show on the
> Notification Bar on a Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista installed?

Add a link to ConfigFree Tray to your Startup Folder :-)

Start Orb/All Programs/Toshiba/ConfigFree/ConfigFree Tray

John E. Carty

Re: Toshiba ConfigFree Icon

"John E. Carty" <jecarty@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "jkeat.34" <jkeat.34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know how to get the Toshiba ConfigFree Icon to show on the
>> Notification Bar on a Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista installed?

> Add a link to ConfigFree Tray to your Startup Folder :-)
>
> Start Orb/All Programs/Toshiba/ConfigFree/ConfigFree Tray

Just in case it's not in your program folder for some reason, here is the
default location where it gets installed:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe

jkeat.34

Re: Toshiba ConfigFree Icon
The C:\Program Files\Toshiba\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe worked.
I ran that program and it added the Icon to the tray.
Thank you very much.
jkeat.34

"John E. Carty" wrote:

> "John E. Carty" <jecarty@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "jkeat.34" <jkeat.34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Does anyone know how to get the Toshiba ConfigFree Icon to show on the
> >> Notification Bar on a Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista installed?

> > Add a link to ConfigFree Tray to your Startup Folder :-)
> >
> > Start Orb/All Programs/Toshiba/ConfigFree/ConfigFree Tray

> Just in case it's not in your program folder for some reason, here is the
> default location where it gets installed:
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe

jkeat.34

RE: Toshiba ConfigFree Icon
Whoops I sopke too soon. The icon doesn't reappear when I restart my computer.
Now what?

"jkeat.34" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to get the Toshiba ConfigFree Icon to show on the
> Notification Bar on a Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista installed?

jkeat.34

Re: Toshiba ConfigFree Icon
Whoops I spoke too soon. The Icon doesn't reappear when I restart my computer.
Now What?

"jkeat.34" wrote:

> The C:\Program Files\Toshiba\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe worked.
> I ran that program and it added the Icon to the tray.
> Thank you very much.
> jkeat.34
>
> "John E. Carty" wrote:
>

> > "John E. Carty" <jecarty@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >

> > > "jkeat.34" <jkeat.34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >

> > > Add a link to ConfigFree Tray to your Startup Folder :-)
> > >
> > > Start Orb/All Programs/Toshiba/ConfigFree/ConfigFree Tray

> > Just in case it's not in your program folder for some reason, here is the
> > default location where it gets installed:
> >
> > C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe

John E. Carty

Re: Toshiba ConfigFree Icon
Right-Click NDSTray.exe and drag it to your Startup folder (Start Orb/All
Programs/Startup) and create a shortcut there :-)

> Whoops I sopke too soon. The icon doesn't reappear when I restart my
> computer.
> Now what?
>
> "jkeat.34" wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how to get the Toshiba ConfigFree Icon to show on the
>> Notification Bar on a Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista installed?

jkeat.34

Re: Toshiba ConfigFree Icon
I tried to create a shortcut on the Startup folder, but couldn't get it to
work.
I finally just downloaded a ConfigFree Utility from Toshiba.
So far so good. Thank's for your help anyway.

jkeat.34

"John E. Carty" wrote:

> Right-Click NDSTray.exe and drag it to your Startup folder (Start Orb/All
> Programs/Startup) and create a shortcut there :-)
>
> "jkeat.34" <jkeat.34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Whoops I sopke too soon. The icon doesn't reappear when I restart my
> > computer.
> > Now what?
> >
> > "jkeat.34" wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone know how to get the Toshiba ConfigFree Icon to show on the
> >> Notification Bar on a Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista installed?

John E. Carty

Re: Toshiba ConfigFree Icon
You're quite welcome :-)