Accesing shared printer on Windows XP from Vista

JerzySz

Accesing shared printer on Windows XP from Vista
Cannot access shared printer connected to Windows XP sp3 PC from Vista
Ultimate sp1.
The shared printer (canon i990) can be seen from Vista PC but any attempt to
connect to the printer or see its properties generates error message.
This is a small network and there is no problem to access the printer from
Windows XP PC.

What sould be done?
MSDOS

Re: Accesing shared printer on Windows XP from Vista

allow file and printer sharing on vista or try to reinstall drivers on
for printer on vista.

--
MSDOS

'*[image:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...ck-1.gif]Diary of a
Software Tech*_
http://www.grdead.wordpress.com_' (http://www.grdead.wordpress.com)
Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: Accesing shared printer on Windows XP from Vista
Hi
Maybe this can Help.
Firewall instructions.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"JerzySz" <JerzySz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Cannot access shared printer connected to Windows XP sp3 PC from Vista
> Ultimate sp1.
> The shared printer (canon i990) can be seen from Vista PC but any attempt
> connect to the printer or see its properties generates error message.
> This is a small network and there is no problem to access the printer from
> Windows XP PC.
>
> What sould be done?

ng_reader

Re: Accesing shared printer on Windows XP from Vista
I think I have the same problem. OP didn't come back to say if this worked
or not. I can see the shared computer's name AND the printer I want to print
to, however trying to add OR connect to this printer results in the same
error message "Access Denied".

Cursory examinations explain to add the printer as local vs networked etc,
but that has proven fruitless too.