help! why cannot remote connect XP laptop to Vista Home PC?

LunaMoon

help! why cannot remote connect XP laptop to Vista Home PC?
I knew Vista Home does not allow remote desktop connection to it.
I followed some online hack and install some Terminal Service hack
file.
It worked when my laptop Windows XP sits close to the Vista HOME PC,
when the laptop is using wireless and the Vista is using Internet LAN
connection. I made sure my Kaspasky Internet Security Firewall is open
for RDP port.
But the moment when I move out of my home, and bring the laptop to an
outside network, I cann't connect to the Vista Home PC anymore.
Any thoughts?
If RDP to Vista is not an option. What is the next best remote
connection software that allows smooth file transform and clipboard
transfer, as seamless as RDP?
Thanks!
Rick Rogers

Re: help! why cannot remote connect XP laptop to Vista Home PC?
Hi,

From your description I am assuming that at home you are behind a router? If
so, then you need to log into the router and configure port forwarding on
3389 to the internal IP of the Vista Home PC. Otherwise, requests that
originate from an external source will be ignored by the router and never
even reach the taget machine.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"LunaMoon" <lunamoonmoon@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I knew Vista Home does not allow remote desktop connection to it.
> I followed some online hack and install some Terminal Service hack
> file.
> It worked when my laptop Windows XP sits close to the Vista HOME PC,
> when the laptop is using wireless and the Vista is using Internet LAN
> connection. I made sure my Kaspasky Internet Security Firewall is open
> for RDP port.
> But the moment when I move out of my home, and bring the laptop to an
> outside network, I cann't connect to the Vista Home PC anymore.
> Any thoughts?
> If RDP to Vista is not an option. What is the next best remote
> connection software that allows smooth file transform and clipboard
> transfer, as seamless as RDP?
> Thanks!

Mike Brannigan

Re: help! why cannot remote connect XP laptop to Vista Home PC?
"LunaMoon" <lunamoonmoon@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I knew Vista Home does not allow remote desktop connection to it.
> I followed some online hack and install some Terminal Service hack
> file.
> It worked when my laptop Windows XP sits close to the Vista HOME PC,
> when the laptop is using wireless and the Vista is using Internet LAN
> connection. I made sure my Kaspasky Internet Security Firewall is open
> for RDP port.
> But the moment when I move out of my home, and bring the laptop to an
> outside network, I cann't connect to the Vista Home PC anymore.
> Any thoughts?
> If RDP to Vista is not an option. What is the next best remote
> connection software that allows smooth file transform and clipboard
> transfer, as seamless as RDP?
> Thanks!

You may also wish to consider that you are now in violation of your license
for Windows Vista by hacking the version you have to have to gain access to
features you have not paid for or are licensed to use.
Frankly, with your disregard for licensing and paying for what you use, you
might have well as just stolen (aka downloaded) a version of Ultimate
Edition instead.
--
Mike Brannigan

LunaMoon

On May 10, 12:51*pm, "Rick Rogers" <r...@mvps.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From your description I am assuming that at home you are behind a router?If
> so, then you need to log into the router and configure port forwarding on
> 3389 to the internal IP of the Vista Home PC. Otherwise, requests that
> originate from an external source will be ignored by the router and never
> even reach the taget machine.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVPhttp://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help -www.rickrogers.org
> My thoughtshttp://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>
> "LunaMoon" <lunamoonm...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I knew Vista Home does not allow remote desktop connection to it.
> > I followed some online hack and install some Terminal Service hack
> > file.
> > It worked when my laptop Windows XP sits close to the Vista HOME PC,
> > when the laptop is using wireless and the Vista is using Internet LAN
> > connection. I made sure my Kaspasky Internet Security Firewall is open
> > for RDP port.
> > But the moment when I move out of my home, and bring the laptop to an
> > outside network, I cann't connect to the Vista Home PC anymore.
> > Any thoughts?
> > If RDP to Vista is not an option. What is the next best remote
> > connection software that allows smooth file transform and clipboard
> > transfer, as seamless as RDP?
> > Thanks!

Okay! I have no way of configuring the router.
Any other next best remote control software?
Rick Rogers

Re: help! why cannot remote connect XP laptop to Vista Home PC?
Hi,

https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp?lang=en seems to be pretty popular and I
understand it's easy to use.

--

On May 10, 12:51 pm, "Rick Rogers" <r...@mvps.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From your description I am assuming that at home you are behind a router?
> If
> so, then you need to log into the router and configure port forwarding on
> 3389 to the internal IP of the Vista Home PC. Otherwise, requests that
> originate from an external source will be ignored by the router and never
> even reach the taget machine.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft
> MVPhttp://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help -www.rickrogers.org
> My thoughtshttp://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>
> "LunaMoon" <lunamoonm...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I knew Vista Home does not allow remote desktop connection to it.
> > I followed some online hack and install some Terminal Service hack
> > file.
> > It worked when my laptop Windows XP sits close to the Vista HOME PC,
> > when the laptop is using wireless and the Vista is using Internet LAN
> > connection. I made sure my Kaspasky Internet Security Firewall is open
> > for RDP port.
> > But the moment when I move out of my home, and bring the laptop to an
> > outside network, I cann't connect to the Vista Home PC anymore.
> > Any thoughts?
> > If RDP to Vista is not an option. What is the next best remote
> > connection software that allows smooth file transform and clipboard
> > transfer, as seamless as RDP?
> > Thanks!

Okay! I have no way of configuring the router.
Any other next best remote control software?

Bruce Chambers

LunaMoon wrote:

> Okay! I have no way of configuring the router.
> Any other next best remote control software?

Without being able to properly configuring the router, no software
product would be of any use.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Curious

Re: help! why cannot remote connect XP laptop to Vista Home PC?
Why can you not configure the router?
If you read the router user guide from the router's CD or from the
manufacturers Website you should be able to reset the router to its defaults
so you can log on to it from your PC.
What make/model router do you have?

> LunaMoon wrote:
>>

>> Okay! I have no way of configuring the router.
>> Any other next best remote control software?

> Without being able to properly configuring the router, no software product
> would be of any use.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:

> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand
> Russell

> killed a great many philosophers.
> ~ Denis Diderot

Patrick Keenan

Re: help! why cannot remote connect XP laptop to Vista Home PC?
"LunaMoon" <lunamoonmoon@gmail.com> wrote in message
On May 10, 12:51 pm, "Rick Rogers" <r...@mvps.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From your description I am assuming that at home you are behind a router?
> If
> so, then you need to log into the router and configure port forwarding on
> 3389 to the internal IP of the Vista Home PC. Otherwise, requests that
> originate from an external source will be ignored by the router and never
> even reach the taget machine.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft
> MVPhttp://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help -www.rickrogers.org
> My thoughtshttp://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>
> "LunaMoon" <lunamoonm...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I knew Vista Home does not allow remote desktop connection to it.
> > I followed some online hack and install some Terminal Service hack
> > file.
> > It worked when my laptop Windows XP sits close to the Vista HOME PC,
> > when the laptop is using wireless and the Vista is using Internet LAN
> > connection. I made sure my Kaspasky Internet Security Firewall is open
> > for RDP port.
> > But the moment when I move out of my home, and bring the laptop to an
> > outside network, I cann't connect to the Vista Home PC anymore.
> > Any thoughts?
> > If RDP to Vista is not an option. What is the next best remote
> > connection software that allows smooth file transform and clipboard
> > transfer, as seamless as RDP?
> > Thanks!

Okay! I have no way of configuring the router.
Any other next best remote control software?
==============

If you can't configure the router, you're stuck.

HTH
-pk

Patrick Keenan

"Curious" <spammenot@nomail.com> wrote in message
> Why can you not configure the router?

I would suspect that the OP is not *allowed* to do so.

> If you read the router user guide from the router's CD or from the
> manufacturers Website you should be able to reset the router to its
> defaults so you can log on to it from your PC.
> What make/model router do you have?
>
> "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message
>> LunaMoon wrote:
>>>

>>> Okay! I have no way of configuring the router.
>>> Any other next best remote control software?

>> Without being able to properly configuring the router, no software
>> product would be of any use.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Bruce Chambers
>>
>> Help us help you:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375
>>
>> They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
>> safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin
>>
>> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand
>> Russell
>>
>> The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has
>> killed a great many philosophers.
>> ~ Denis Diderot

Chad Harris

Re: help! why cannot remote connect XP laptop to Vista Home PC?

"LunaMoon" <lunamoonmoon@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On May 10, 12:51 pm, "Rick Rogers" <r...@mvps.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> From your description I am assuming that at home you are behind a router?
>> If
>> so, then you need to log into the router and configure port forwarding on
>> 3389 to the internal IP of the Vista Home PC. Otherwise, requests that
>> originate from an external source will be ignored by the router and never
>> even reach the taget machine.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,
>>
>> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft
>> MVPhttp://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help -www.rickrogers.org
>> My thoughtshttp://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>>
>> "LunaMoon" <lunamoonm...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> >I knew Vista Home does not allow remote desktop connection to it.
>> > I followed some online hack and install some Terminal Service hack
>> > file.
>> > It worked when my laptop Windows XP sits close to the Vista HOME PC,
>> > when the laptop is using wireless and the Vista is using Internet LAN
>> > connection. I made sure my Kaspasky Internet Security Firewall is open
>> > for RDP port.
>> > But the moment when I move out of my home, and bring the laptop to an
>> > outside network, I cann't connect to the Vista Home PC anymore.
>> > Any thoughts?
>> > If RDP to Vista is not an option. What is the next best remote
>> > connection software that allows smooth file transform and clipboard
>> > transfer, as seamless as RDP?
>> > Thanks!

> Okay! I have no way of configuring the router.
> Any other next best remote control software?

Whoa Luna Moon--

***Something I saw makes no sense.*** If in fact you are behind a router,
and I'm guessing you are, it makes no sense that you say you have ***no way
of configuring the router.*** Who makes your router? I'll tell you who to
call that will walk you through configuring that router + most router makers
have screen shot steps or someone does on the web. Help me with the concept
that

a) you have a router
b) you lack the way to configure it

We can show you how to get the router configured.

Best,

CH