Vista & Mobile Broadband

David

Vista & Mobile Broadband
Hi All,

I have a T-Mobile UK Mobile Broadband device and I am having some problems
with some software when using it. I have been told by the developers of the
software that because the MAC address of the device cannot be seen by the OS
I cannot log into the software/server.

I have tried a Three Broadband device and found that the same thing happens.

IPCONFIG /ALL shows not Physical Address on either device.

Has anyone else come across this or know how to fix it?

Thanks

DL

Re: Vista & Mobile Broadband
Presumably your mobile broadband work fine other than that?
If so what particular software has the issue?

"David" <david.hodgson@homenetz.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a T-Mobile UK Mobile Broadband device and I am having some problems
> with some software when using it. I have been told by the developers of
> the
> software that because the MAC address of the device cannot be seen by the
> OS
> I cannot log into the software/server.
>
> I have tried a Three Broadband device and found that the same thing
> happens.
>
> IPCONFIG /ALL shows not Physical Address on either device.
>
> Has anyone else come across this or know how to fix it?
>
> Thanks

David

Re: Vista & Mobile Broadband
Yes the mobile broadband works fine, internet and email etc are working
a'ok.

The program is specific to the industry I work in, it is mainly a Database
with a .Net/Crystal Reports front end. Basically when using the front end it
registers the machine on the server and is required to pass the MAC Address
to the server (not sure why but it is built in to the program).

A must add that if using the same Mobile Broadband device on a Windows XP
machine the MAC Address is displayed and the software works perfectly.

Thanks in advance for any help