VPN remote access via vista

nmostyn

VPN remote access via vista
I am running Vista Home premium. The problem I have began after 1 April
2009(appropriately enough). I can make a VPN connection to my work server but
cannot now remotely connect to my work XP machine. Also when I make the VPN
conenction the internet on this home vista machine stops working. I have been
able to avoid the problem by doing a system restore to 30 March but the
gremlin keeps mysteriously returning overnight and I have now lost the 30
March restore point. It is obviously caused by some update (one would have
thought that they would test these before they send them out - or am I being
naive?). Any thoughts out there?
PS I am only moderately IT literate.
PSS I do not have any problems making the VPN and RDC connections on my old
jurassic XP computer here. It's just this new Vista thing.
Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\)

Re: VPN remote access via vista
What's the VPN error code? If you don't have the error code, check any
errors in the Event Viewer.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"nmostyn" <nmostyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Vista Home premium. The problem I have began after 1 April
> 2009(appropriately enough). I can make a VPN connection to my work server
> but
> cannot now remotely connect to my work XP machine. Also when I make the
> VPN
> conenction the internet on this home vista machine stops working. I have
> been
> able to avoid the problem by doing a system restore to 30 March but the
> gremlin keeps mysteriously returning overnight and I have now lost the 30
> March restore point. It is obviously caused by some update (one would have
> thought that they would test these before they send them out - or am I
> being
> naive?). Any thoughts out there?
> PS I am only moderately IT literate.
> PSS I do not have any problems making the VPN and RDC connections on my
> old
> jurassic XP computer here. It's just this new Vista thing.

nmostyn

Re: VPN remote access via vista
It is not reporting an error. It thinks it is doing its job just fine