Printer Sharing - Lexmark

Bruce Roberson

Printer Sharing - Lexmark
My configuration before I changed out my wired connection to the Lexmark
printer was I had one HP Laptop running Windows XP SP2. I also had a dell
laptop connected wirelessly to the router and thus to the home network.

I was easily able to print wirelessly from the DELL laptop by virtue of the
above confiuration as long as the HP Laptop was on.

Now, the new scenario is that the HP Laptop is no longer hooked up to the
Lexmark printer via the usb cable. Now, the new Dell desktop is hooked up to
the lexmark printer via the usb cable.

My HP laptop can see the printer and it actually adds it as its printer.
When it goes to print, nothing ever comes out. I have searched on the
internet for three days. I have even tried adding a port when adding a local
printer to the HP laptop. That doesn't work, it just says it can't
communicate with the printer. Lexmark technical support was of no help. They
just tell me that my P6250 is not a wireless printer so I can't do what I'm
trying to do. Well hello Lexmark, but the Dell Laptop as mentioned in the
top paragraph was printing wirlessly by going through the network connection
and it was printing just fine to the Lexmark P6250.

Am I just going to have to go buy another newer printer; am I stuck, or is
there another solution to make my two laptops not only see the Lexmark P6250
attached to my Dell Desktop running Vista but be able to print successfully.

Thanks,

Bruce

DL

Re: Printer Sharing - Lexmark
Youve installed the Lexmark printer drivers on your Laptop, from the Lexmark
cd?

"Bruce Roberson" <Bruceroberson@suddenlink.net> wrote in message
> My configuration before I changed out my wired connection to the Lexmark
> printer was I had one HP Laptop running Windows XP SP2. I also had a dell
> laptop connected wirelessly to the router and thus to the home network.
>
> I was easily able to print wirelessly from the DELL laptop by virtue of
> the above confiuration as long as the HP Laptop was on.
>
> Now, the new scenario is that the HP Laptop is no longer hooked up to the
> Lexmark printer via the usb cable. Now, the new Dell desktop is hooked up
> to the lexmark printer via the usb cable.
>
> My HP laptop can see the printer and it actually adds it as its printer.
> When it goes to print, nothing ever comes out. I have searched on the
> internet for three days. I have even tried adding a port when adding a
> local printer to the HP laptop. That doesn't work, it just says it can't
> communicate with the printer. Lexmark technical support was of no help.
> They just tell me that my P6250 is not a wireless printer so I can't do
> what I'm trying to do. Well hello Lexmark, but the Dell Laptop as
> mentioned in the top paragraph was printing wirlessly by going through the
> network connection and it was printing just fine to the Lexmark P6250.
>
> Am I just going to have to go buy another newer printer; am I stuck, or is
> there another solution to make my two laptops not only see the Lexmark
> P6250 attached to my Dell Desktop running Vista but be able to print
> successfully.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Bruce

Bruce Roberson

Re: Printer Sharing - Lexmark
yes I did..

"DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
> Youve installed the Lexmark printer drivers on your Laptop, from the
> Lexmark cd?
>

> "Bruce Roberson" <Bruceroberson@suddenlink.net> wrote in message
>> My configuration before I changed out my wired connection to the Lexmark
>> printer was I had one HP Laptop running Windows XP SP2. I also had a dell
>> laptop connected wirelessly to the router and thus to the home network.
>>
>> I was easily able to print wirelessly from the DELL laptop by virtue of
>> the above confiuration as long as the HP Laptop was on.
>>
>> Now, the new scenario is that the HP Laptop is no longer hooked up to the
>> Lexmark printer via the usb cable. Now, the new Dell desktop is hooked up
>> to the lexmark printer via the usb cable.
>>
>> My HP laptop can see the printer and it actually adds it as its printer.
>> When it goes to print, nothing ever comes out. I have searched on the
>> internet for three days. I have even tried adding a port when adding a
>> local printer to the HP laptop. That doesn't work, it just says it can't
>> communicate with the printer. Lexmark technical support was of no help.
>> They just tell me that my P6250 is not a wireless printer so I can't do
>> what I'm trying to do. Well hello Lexmark, but the Dell Laptop as
>> mentioned in the top paragraph was printing wirlessly by going through
>> the network connection and it was printing just fine to the Lexmark
>> P6250.
>>
>> Am I just going to have to go buy another newer printer; am I stuck, or
>> is there another solution to make my two laptops not only see the Lexmark
>> P6250 attached to my Dell Desktop running Vista but be able to print
>> successfully.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Bruce

JCox

Re: Printer Sharing - Lexmark

Have you installed the software for the printer on to the Dell? Seems
like a dumb question but this has been done inthe past. If so, may want
to make sure you have the latest drivers on the dell.

--
JCox