net medic for vista?

tg

net medic for vista?
I really miss net medic, which doesn't work on windows vista, I'm lost
without it. Net Medic worked on all windows from Win98 through to XP but
not vista (sob). Is there any equivalent program that will do the same
as net medic and work on windows vista? For those not familiar with net
medic it was a data speed monitoring program, it ran in a small window
and worked a bit like a speedo in a car and showed live data feed as it
was happening.
thanks for any pointers.

Jack-MVP

Re: net medic for vista?
Hi
Maybe this can Help, http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/index.php?page=10
Or this, http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...l/download.htm
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"tg" <tg@nospamevereverever.net> wrote in message
>I really miss net medic, which doesn't work on windows vista, I'm lost
>without it. Net Medic worked on all windows from Win98 through to XP but
>not vista (sob). Is there any equivalent program that will do the same as
>net medic and work on windows vista? For those not familiar with net medic
>it was a data speed monitoring program, it ran in a small window and worked
>a bit like a speedo in a car and showed live data feed as it was happening.
> thanks for any pointers.

tg

Re: net medic for vista?

"Jack-MVP" <jack@discussgroups.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Maybe this can Help,
> http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/index.php?page=10
> Or this,
> http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...l/download.htm
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

yeah both these links look good thankyou Jack. I'm currently trying
Netmeter, after a bit of fiddling I can even make the colour scheme
resemble net medic so that's comforting (ha ha).

Gene E. Bloch

Re: net medic for vista?
Also, in browsing through Sidebar gadgets, I believe I have seen gadgets
for this purpose.

I didn't want to install one, so I didn't examine their properties, and
thus I can't say how (or even whether) they work.

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
tg

Re: net medic for vista?

"Gene E. Bloch" <not-me@other.invalid> wrote in message
> Also, in browsing through Sidebar gadgets, I believe I have seen
> gadgets
> for this purpose.

thanks for your feedback gene, I looked into additional gadgets and lo
and behold I did see a gadget for this. Ironically it was called
wireless speed monitor but it worked great on my lan connection and the
data graph part of the display almost duplicated netmeter.

Gene E. Bloch

Re: net medic for vista?
On Fri, 1 May 2009 00:06:07 +0100, tg wrote:

> "Gene E. Bloch" <not-me@other.invalid> wrote in message
>> Also, in browsing through Sidebar gadgets, I believe I have seen
>> gadgets
>> for this purpose.

> thanks for your feedback gene, I looked into additional gadgets and lo
> and behold I did see a gadget for this. Ironically it was called
> wireless speed monitor but it worked great on my lan connection and the
> data graph part of the display almost duplicated netmeter.

Good.

I had noticed separate gadgets for wired and wireless. Nice to know the
difference might be bogus.

Currently, this computer is wired to the router, but one of these days I
plan to switch to wireless (Although I seem to be in no hurry!). It's nice
to know that if I install one of these applets I might be OK either way.

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom