cannot turn off or elimate IPv6

FrustratedMom is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cannot turn off or elimate IPv6
Hi someone pleae help okay my comp was doing fine I have had Earth Link through my local cable company Brighthouse Networks for a while everything was going great until about 2 weeks ago I go to my browser and it works fine then everything freezes now I go to Network and Sharing Center and click view status it says ipv4 internet and ipv6 limited I found Vistaheads through Google I followed the directions here [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][/color][/color][/color]which were to go to control panel--Network and Sharing---connection status--properties--remove tick from IPV6--click okay I Tried that it STILL didn't take it off then I tried the directions for Registry and it STILL didn't take it off please help I am tired of clicking reset the network adapter that works but only a very short time PLEASE HELP!@!!![COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][/color][/color][/color]
Jack-MVP

Re: cannot turn off or elimate IPv6
Hi
IPv6 should not interfere with an Internet connection.
Please provide more details about your setup. How many computers, do you
have a Router, etc.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"FrustratedMom" <FrustratedMom.3rduo4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:FrustratedMom.3rduo4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> Hi someone pleae help okay my comp was doing fine I have had Earth Link
> through my local cable company Brighthouse Networks for a while
> everything was going great until about 2 weeks ago I go to my browser
> and it works fine then everything freezes now I go to Network and
> Sharing Center and click view status it says ipv4 internet and ipv6
> limited I found Vistaheads through Google I followed the directions here
> '' (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/#)which were to go to control
> panel--Network and Sharing---connection status--properties--remove tick
> from IPV6--click okay I Tried that it STILL didn't take it off then I
> tried the directions for Registry and it STILL didn't take it off please
> help I am tired of clicking reset the network adapter that works but
> only a very short time PLEASE HELP!@!!!''
> (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/#)
>

> --
> FrustratedMom

FrustratedMom is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: cannot turn off or elimate IPv6
HI I have one computer and a cable router Terayon Communications Systems Model number TJ715X Also wanted to say upon first installment the tech man spent about 4 or 5 hours and consulted on the phone diferrent other techs at the end of it I was still not able to go online after the man left I uninstalled Norton Anti-virus and was then able to go online after that it went along fine until the latest problems started I also updated my drivers and still no help
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedMom View Post
Hi someone pleae help okay my comp was doing fine I have had Earth Link through my local cable company Brighthouse Networks for a while everything was going great until about 2 weeks ago I go to my browser and it works fine then everything freezes now I go to Network and Sharing Center and click view status it says ipv4 internet and ipv6 limited I found Vistaheads through Google I followed the directions here [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][/color][/color]which were to go to control panel--Network and Sharing---connection status--properties--remove tick from IPV6--click okay I Tried that it STILL didn't take it off then I tried the directions for Registry and it STILL didn't take it off please help I am tired of clicking reset the network adapter that works but only a very short time PLEASE HELP!@!!![COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][/color][/color]
seree

Re: cannot turn off or elimate IPv6
If you regained your full connectivity after removing Norton, Norton is
probably the problem. Norton and other security suites can be difficult to
fully remove. Even after it seems there isn't any trace in the Registry or
File System bits and pieces can still be left behind and interfere in all
sorts of manners.

Consider going to the support section of the Norton website and search for
the uninstall tool. Just type uninstall tool or remove Norton and you should
be taken to a download page. There should be instructions on its usage. If
you cannot locate the tool phone or email Norton support and request the tool
and instructions. Usually these come by way of a link in an email message, or
if uisng a Chat facility through a link in the Chat window.

Some security software, usually a component in the Firewall include a filter
which is installed in the Properties of the adapter. Certain ISP types, such
as DSL do not work well with these filters. Sometimes you can untick the item
from within Properties, but after an uninstall routine this may appear empty
or absent when in reality it still interferes with the connection. You can
also consider phoning Norton and asking a technician to walk you through the
full removal of the software.
--
seree