networkcard activate/deactivate group policies

PhilAd is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
networkcard activate/deactivate group policies
hi,

i'd like to know if there is any possibility to allow a normal user to activate and deactivate his networkcard ...
... my problem is the following ...

... in my router (avm fritzbox) i configured the online-times for a computer. furthermore i installed microsoft family safety ... with a normal adminaccount he can just remove this program, so i decided to change his account to a normal user account so that he cannot remove the tool.

... usually he deactivate his network card so he does not waste his online time when he is not using it. Now is not able to do this anymore ... can i change his policies especially for this setting? or can i leave his adminaccount and change the policy that cannot remove this tool?

EDIT:
the OS is Vista Business
alternative Vista Home Premium

does Business have secpol.msc ? and is there an option for that?
i guess home versions doesn't have that like in xp home

Last edited by PhilAd : 04-27-2009 at 21:46.
Jack-MVP

Re: networkcard activate/deactivate group policies
Hi
Drag a link to the Desktop from the Local Area connection Icon in the
Control Panel/Network connection.
Right click on the Icon and choose disable and be done with in 5 sec.
Right click again and choose Enable when needed later.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"PhilAd" <PhilAd.3rbkof@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> hi,
>
> i'd like to know if there is any possibility to allow a normal user to
> activate and deactivate his networkcard ...
> .. my problem is the following ...
>
> .. in my router (avm fritzbox) i configured the online-times for a
> computer. furthermore i installed microsoft family safety ... with a
> normal adminaccount he can just remove this program, so i decided to
> change his account to a normal user account so that he cannot remove the
> tool.
>
> .. usually he deactivate his network card so he does not waste his
> online time when he is not using it. Now is not able to do this anymore
> .. can i change his policies especially for this setting? or can i
> leave his adminaccount and change the policy that cannot remove this
> tool?
>
> EDIT:
> the OS is Vista Business
> alternative Vista Home Premium
>
> does Business have *secpol*.*msc ? and is there an option for that?*
> *i guess home versions doesn't have that like in xp home*
>

> --
> PhilAd

PhilAd is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: networkcard activate/deactivate group policies
it really that easy? i'll try that. thanks for your fast reply/help.

EDIT:

i have tested it now ... i created a standard user and dragged the LAN-Connection icon to the desktop ... he still asks me for the admin account when i rightclick the icon and press deactivate/activate. i have created the icon on the desktop with the standard user and then i tried to create the icon with my admin account. both didn't work ... did i missunderstand something?

Last edited by PhilAd : 04-28-2009 at 07:46.