"Connect automatically" checkmark disappears from "Dial-up Connect

Dima

"Connect automatically" checkmark disappears from "Dial-up Connect
Hello!
How to make a "Connect automatically" check mark stay in a "Dial-up
Connection" window? The "Connect to:" field is "ADSL".
The check mark disappears after a hibernation or restart. I have to check
the "Connect automatically" and click "Connect" every time after a
hibernation or restart to resume the internet connection.
Regards
Dima
James Matthews

Re: "Connect automatically" checkmark disappears from "Dial-up Connect
It doesn't know to reconnect.. Cause the computer didn't disconnect however
the server did

--

http://www.astorandblack.com/

"Dima" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
> How to make a "Connect automatically" check mark stay in a "Dial-up
> Connection" window? The "Connect to:" field is "ADSL".
> The check mark disappears after a hibernation or restart. I have to check
> the "Connect automatically" and click "Connect" every time after a
> hibernation or restart to resume the internet connection.
> Regards
> Dima

Jack \(MVP-Networking\)

Re: "Connect automatically" checkmark disappears from "Dial-up Connect
Hi
If you have DSL you are much better off using a Router even if you have only
one connection.
The Router keeps the Connection alive, add security and provide more stable
Internet connection.
http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE/html
You can find a Router in ant store that sells computers for under $40.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Dima" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
> How to make a "Connect automatically" check mark stay in a "Dial-up
> Connection" window? The "Connect to:" field is "ADSL".
> The check mark disappears after a hibernation or restart. I have to check
> the "Connect automatically" and click "Connect" every time after a
> hibernation or restart to resume the internet connection.
> Regards
> Dima

Curious

Re: "Connect automatically" checkmark disappears from "Dial-up Connect
If you have an ADSL connection and not a regular old dialup phone modem you
certainly do not want it to try and use the dial up phone modem.

"Dima" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
> How to make a "Connect automatically" check mark stay in a "Dial-up
> Connection" window? The "Connect to:" field is "ADSL".
> The check mark disappears after a hibernation or restart. I have to check
> the "Connect automatically" and click "Connect" every time after a
> hibernation or restart to resume the internet connection.
> Regards
> Dima

Dima

Re: "Connect automatically" checkmark disappears from "Dial-up Con
Thanks Curious for replying!
I have an ADSL connection and not a regular old dialup phone modem.
Why should it try and use the dial up phone modem?
Regards
"Curious" wrote:

> If you have an ADSL connection and not a regular old dialup phone modem you
> certainly do not want it to try and use the dial up phone modem.
>
> "Dima" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello!
> > How to make a "Connect automatically" check mark stay in a "Dial-up
> > Connection" window? The "Connect to:" field is "ADSL".
> > The check mark disappears after a hibernation or restart. I have to check
> > the "Connect automatically" and click "Connect" every time after a
> > hibernation or restart to resume the internet connection.
> > Regards
> > Dima

Dima

Re: "Connect automatically" checkmark disappears from "Dial-up Con
Thanks James for your explanation!
Why did the server disconnect if the stand-alone adsl modem stayed turned on?
My computer connects to the stand-alone adsl modem through Ethernet.
Regards,
Dima
"James Matthews" wrote:

> It doesn't know to reconnect.. Cause the computer didn't disconnect however
> the server did
>
> --
>
> http://www.astorandblack.com/
>
> "Dima" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello!
> > How to make a "Connect automatically" check mark stay in a "Dial-up
> > Connection" window? The "Connect to:" field is "ADSL".
> > The check mark disappears after a hibernation or restart. I have to check
> > the "Connect automatically" and click "Connect" every time after a
> > hibernation or restart to resume the internet connection.
> > Regards
> > Dima

Dima

Re: "Connect automatically" checkmark disappears from "Dial-up Con
Thanks Jack for your suggestion!
My computer connects to the stand-alone adsl modem through Ethernet. Isn't
it the same as a Router in this situation?
Regards,
Dima
"Jack (MVP-Networking)" wrote:

> Hi
> If you have DSL you are much better off using a Router even if you have only
> one connection.
> The Router keeps the Connection alive, add security and provide more stable
> Internet connection.
> http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE/html
> You can find a Router in ant store that sells computers for under $40.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
>
> "Dima" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello!
> > How to make a "Connect automatically" check mark stay in a "Dial-up
> > Connection" window? The "Connect to:" field is "ADSL".
> > The check mark disappears after a hibernation or restart. I have to check
> > the "Connect automatically" and click "Connect" every time after a
> > hibernation or restart to resume the internet connection.
> > Regards
> > Dima

Curious

Re: "Connect automatically" checkmark disappears from "Dial-up Con
I have a router which in turn is connected to my ADSL "Modem".
The router uses a PPOE connection to the Modem with automatic redial set to
20 sec to be sure that the ADSL line is never dropped since I do not have a
fixed IP address from my ADSL provider.
The connections to the router from either my desktop or my wireless laptop
always re-establish them when they wake up or rebooted or restarted.

> Thanks Curious for replying!
> I have an ADSL connection and not a regular old dialup phone modem.
> Why should it try and use the dial up phone modem?
> Regards
> "Curious" wrote:
>
>> If you have an ADSL connection and not a regular old dialup phone modem
>> you
>> certainly do not want it to try and use the dial up phone modem.
>>
>> "Dima" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello!
>> > How to make a "Connect automatically" check mark stay in a "Dial-up
>> > Connection" window? The "Connect to:" field is "ADSL".
>> > The check mark disappears after a hibernation or restart. I have to
>> > check
>> > the "Connect automatically" and click "Connect" every time after a
>> > hibernation or restart to resume the internet connection.
>> > Regards
>> > Dima

Jack-MVP

Re: "Connect automatically" checkmark disappears from "Dial-up Con
Hi
If you have a Router make sure that the DSL authentication set through the
Router (read the pages that I linked before).
If you are Not sure how the authentication (Password and ID) is done ask
your DSL Provider.
Then look at the Browser, and the DialUP connection (if there is one) in the
Network Center, and disable the dialUp.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

> Thanks Jack for your suggestion!
> My computer connects to the stand-alone adsl modem through Ethernet. Isn't
> it the same as a Router in this situation?
> Regards,
> Dima
> "Jack (MVP-Networking)" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> If you have DSL you are much better off using a Router even if you have
>> only
>> one connection.
>> The Router keeps the Connection alive, add security and provide more
>> stable
>> Internet connection.
>> http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE/html
>> You can find a Router in ant store that sells computers for under $40.
>> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
>>
>> "Dima" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello!
>> > How to make a "Connect automatically" check mark stay in a "Dial-up
>> > Connection" window? The "Connect to:" field is "ADSL".
>> > The check mark disappears after a hibernation or restart. I have to
>> > check
>> > the "Connect automatically" and click "Connect" every time after a
>> > hibernation or restart to resume the internet connection.
>> > Regards
>> > Dima

Jack-MVP

Re: "Connect automatically" checkmark disappears from "Dial-up Con
Hi
If the authentication is done by the Router there is No need to redial.
The line would be open as long as the Modem and the Router are On.
Redialing can refresh the IP to soon, and create constant changes of the
External IP assignment.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)