Help -- why is vista Networking is handled different than XP

Rhino is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help -- why is vista Networking is handled different than XP
Hello,
I wonder if someone with greater knowledge than me can help me.

Problem description:
I have a vonage v-phone and a 3G mobile broadband connection using a usb stick provided by the provider. In windows XP my vonage v-phone starts up and detects the network connection.

In vista after changing the v-phone software to runing in windows XP Sp2 mode and runing the application as Administaror, the application starts up, but can not detect the network at all. Is there a way too enable my application to too see the network.

It is classed as a dialup connection and i can browse the internet, send mail etc. But vonage application is not seeing the vista network layer.

I have tried this on Vista home and vista Utlimate. If someone can advise me on what to do in order to fix this issues, ill be a happy traveller once again.

Thanks
Rhino
Jack-MVP

Re: Help -- why is vista Networking is handled different than XP
Hi
Check with the vendor of the device to make sure that the device is
compatible with Vista.
The software might run in compatibility mode, but that does not mean that
the device's chipset per-se is compatible.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)