removing multiple wireless networks

whoabilly

removing multiple wireless networks

okay, so I didn't know how to set up my wireless and the first one was
unsecured network. I was trying to secure it and I did, but it made a
new secured network. this morning I tried changing the name .. thinking
that maybe a neighbor or something has the same router, so now I have 3
wireless networks. I need to delete the unsecured and one of the other
ones.
I've googled and looked in here and it says to go into network &
sharing then manage wireless networks, I deleted all of them out of
there except 1 but all 3 are still showing up in "connect to a network"
I have a netgear router and I tried logging into it to see what I could
do.. but there's nothing in there about deleting a previous wireless
network etc. just lets me make a new one!
what can I do? I see people using my unsecured network..

--
whoabilly
Dave Warren

Re: removing multiple wireless networks
In message <989ca6df267937bed6fd19b35227dfdd@nntp-gateway.com> whoabilly
<guest@unknown-email.com> was claimed to have wrote:

>okay, so I didn't know how to set up my wireless and the first one was
>unsecured network. I was trying to secure it and I did, but it made a
>new secured network. this morning I tried changing the name .. thinking
>that maybe a neighbor or something has the same router, so now I have 3
>wireless networks. I need to delete the unsecured and one of the other
>ones.
>I've googled and looked in here and it says to go into network &
>sharing then manage wireless networks, I deleted all of them out of
>there except 1 but all 3 are still showing up in "connect to a network"
>I have a netgear router and I tried logging into it to see what I could
>do.. but there's nothing in there about deleting a previous wireless
>network etc. just lets me make a new one!

This is normal, the networks in the "Connect to a network" list is built
up from connections you've manually added, as well as all networks
visible from your current location.

>what can I do? I see people using my unsecured network..

I'd suggest securing your network, once you no longer run an unsecured
network, you won't have people using your unsecured network.
whoabilly

Re: removing multiple wireless networks

it won't let me secure the unsecured network, it's not letting me log
into my router on that, like the username and password must have been
changed..

In message <8b550617c50dd69c5f548a43b3442558@nntp-gateway.com> whoabilly
<guest@unknown-email.com> was claimed to have wrote:

>it won't let me secure the unsecured network, it's not letting me log
>into my router on that, like the username and password must have been
>changed..

Look for the router manufacturer's website, find out how to perform a
factory reset on the router, start from scratch, be the first to
configure it rather then letting whoever else happens to be wandering by
reconfigure it for you.