Remote Desktop

ACC

Remote Desktop
I need to be able to connect to my Vista Home Premium pc from my office,
preferably by remote desktop, but I cannot find any way to allow this. In
network sharing - remote (etc) there is no option to allow RDC, and in
windows firewall RDC is not listed in the exceptions. My router is
configured to allow port 3389, so this is a Vista HP limitation.

Does anyone know how I can solve this?

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Re: Remote Desktop

"ACC" <nospam@noisp.com> wrote in message
>I need to be able to connect to my Vista Home Premium pc from my
>office, preferably by remote desktop, but I cannot find any way to
>allow this. In network sharing - remote (etc) there is no option to
>allow RDC, and in windows firewall RDC is not listed in the
>exceptions. My router is configured to allow port 3389, so this is a
>Vista HP limitation.
>
> Does anyone know how I can solve this?

None of the Home versions of Windows give you the ability to access
them remotely by Remote Desktop. You might look into one of the VNC
versions, I have used UltraVNC and it works well for me. When I
looked into it, that was the only version of VNC that worked in Vista,
but things may well have changed since then.

--
Zaphod

Voted "Worst Dressed Sentient Being in the Known Universe" for seven
years in a row.

Frankster

Re: Remote Desktop

"ACC" <nospam@noisp.com> wrote in message
>I need to be able to connect to my Vista Home Premium pc from my office,
>preferably by remote desktop, but I cannot find any way to allow this. In
>network sharing - remote (etc) there is no option to allow RDC, and in
>windows firewall RDC is not listed in the exceptions. My router is
>configured to allow port 3389, so this is a Vista HP limitation.
>
> Does anyone know how I can solve this?

Windows "home" does not allow remote desktop.

Try here... http://www.logmein.com

It's free.

-Frank

rak

Re: Remote Desktop
You might also want to look at Windows Live Mesh. I have Vista Home Premium
on my laptop and use Mesh to remotely access my XP desktop machine. It may
not, but perhaps it will also work the other direction as well.

"ACC" <nospam@noisp.com> wrote in message
> I need to be able to connect to my Vista Home Premium pc from my office,
> preferably by remote desktop, but I cannot find any way to allow this. In
> network sharing - remote (etc) there is no option to allow RDC, and in
> windows firewall RDC is not listed in the exceptions. My router is
> configured to allow port 3389, so this is a Vista HP limitation.
>
> Does anyone know how I can solve this?

selim31

Re: Remote Desktop

maybe you could use Teamviewer is pretty cool but its a little bit slow

'TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the
Internet' (http://www.teamviewer.com/)

--
selim31
bryan89

Re: Remote Desktop

try this software 'www.lanoninternet.com' (http://www.lanoninternet.com)

freeware.no port forwarding required.

--
bryan89
Sean Roche

Re: Remote Desktop
Go to ALL PROGRAMS Administrative Tools and open Windows Firewall with
Advanced Security and enable the Inbound rule for Remote Desktop. That's it.

"Sean Roche" <sroche@norwoodlight.com> wrote in message

> "ACC" <nospam@noisp.com> wrote in message
>>I need to be able to connect to my Vista Home Premium pc from my
>>office, preferably by remote desktop, but I cannot find any way to
>>allow this. In network sharing - remote (etc) there is no option to
>>allow RDC, and in windows firewall RDC is not listed in the
>>exceptions. My router is configured to allow port 3389, so this is a
>>Vista HP limitation.
>>
>> Does anyone know how I can solve this?
>>

> Go to ALL PROGRAMS Administrative Tools and open Windows Firewall
> with Advanced Security and enable the Inbound rule for Remote
> Desktop. That's it.

Except this is Vista *Home* Premium, therefore no Remote Desktop
access, no matter what firewall rules you manage to set.

--
Zaphod

Arthur: All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's
something big and sinister going on in the world.
Slartibartfast: No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the
universe gets that.