Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found

A Baffled User

Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found
My HP Pavilion a6250t desktop computer running Windows Vista Home Premium
SP1 is attached to an HP Pavilion ze4900 notebook computer running Windows
XP SP3 via a Linksys WRT54G router. The desktop is attched via ethernet
cable to port no. 1 on the router, and the notebook is attached to port no.
2. I have been set up the same way for over a year, and everything has
always been fine.

Last Wednesday, I returned from a two-week absence and, since then, have not
been able to access shared folders via the network either from the notebook
or from the desktop. Sometimes the notebook is visible under Start | Network
from the desktop, but when I click on the link to it, I get the message in
the subject heading above: "Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not
found.

The IP addresses on both computers are the same except that one ends in 101
and the other ends in 103. I can ping the desktop from the notebook, but
when I try to ping the desktop by name, the ping request can't find it. Both
computers are connected to the Internet via the same gateway. There is no
problem with the Internet connection on either computer.

When I go to Vista's Network and Sharing Center on the desktop and click on
View Full Map, sometimes I can "see" the notebook from the desktop. Today,
however, I get the message "Windows cannot create the network map. Responses
from other devices on the network are delayed or ther is an incomatible
router on the network." The router has not changed.

I have already powered off the router and modem, and rebooted both
computers, multiple times. It makes no difference.

I don't know if this is pertinent or not, but a third laptop computer on the
network, connected only via wireless, shows up on the network when it is
turned on, and the desktop has normal access to its shared folders. It's
only the notebook that's connected to the router via ethernet
cable--unfortunately, the one I most often share files and folders
with--that isn't accessible.

Thanks!

Joan

Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found
It could be a 3rd party security software. We have a lot posts before. You
may check them on this collections:
Troubleshooting error code 0x80070035
Jan 26, 2008 ... The network path was not found error code 0x80070035
.... and the error code 0x80070035 is returned. The detail meaning of the
error code is ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/0x80070035.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"A Baffled User" <vze265vd@verizon.net> wrote in message
> My HP Pavilion a6250t desktop computer running Windows Vista Home Premium
> SP1 is attached to an HP Pavilion ze4900 notebook computer running Windows
> XP SP3 via a Linksys WRT54G router. The desktop is attched via ethernet
> cable to port no. 1 on the router, and the notebook is attached to port
> no. 2. I have been set up the same way for over a year, and everything has
> always been fine.
>
> Last Wednesday, I returned from a two-week absence and, since then, have
> not been able to access shared folders via the network either from the
> notebook or from the desktop. Sometimes the notebook is visible under
> Start | Network from the desktop, but when I click on the link to it, I
> get the message in the subject heading above: "Error code: 0x80070035 The
> network path was not found.
>
> The IP addresses on both computers are the same except that one ends in
> 101 and the other ends in 103. I can ping the desktop from the notebook,
> but when I try to ping the desktop by name, the ping request can't find
> it. Both computers are connected to the Internet via the same gateway.
> There is no problem with the Internet connection on either computer.
>
> When I go to Vista's Network and Sharing Center on the desktop and click
> on View Full Map, sometimes I can "see" the notebook from the desktop.
> Today, however, I get the message "Windows cannot create the network map.
> incomatible router on the network." The router has not changed.
>
> I have already powered off the router and modem, and rebooted both
> computers, multiple times. It makes no difference.
>
> I don't know if this is pertinent or not, but a third laptop computer on
> the network, connected only via wireless, shows up on the network when it
> is turned on, and the desktop has normal access to its shared folders.
> It's only the notebook that's connected to the router via ethernet
> cable--unfortunately, the one I most often share files and folders
> with--that isn't accessible.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Joan

A Baffled User

Re: Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found
Thanks, Bob.

I found the following instructions, but the only one I know how to do (and
have already done multiple times to no effect) is "restart the Windows Vista
computer":

> Solution:
> - Exclude IP from DHCP
> - Delete all registry from the computer on the DNS/WINS
> - Celar the swith cache
> - Restart the Windows Vista computer
> - From Windows XP ipconfig /flushdns

Joan

"Bob Lin (MS-MVP)" <noreply@chicagotech.net> wrote in message
> It could be a 3rd party security software. We have a lot posts before. You
> may check them on this collections:
> Troubleshooting error code 0x80070035
> Jan 26, 2008 ... The network path was not found error code 0x80070035
> ... and the error code 0x80070035 is returned. The detail meaning of the
> error code is ...
> www.chicagotech.net/vista/0x80070035.htm
>

> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "A Baffled User" <vze265vd@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> My HP Pavilion a6250t desktop computer running Windows Vista Home Premium
>> SP1 is attached to an HP Pavilion ze4900 notebook computer running
>> Windows XP SP3 via a Linksys WRT54G router. The desktop is attched via
>> ethernet cable to port no. 1 on the router, and the notebook is attached
>> to port no. 2. I have been set up the same way for over a year, and
>> everything has always been fine.
>>
>> Last Wednesday, I returned from a two-week absence and, since then, have
>> not been able to access shared folders via the network either from the
>> notebook or from the desktop. Sometimes the notebook is visible under
>> Start | Network from the desktop, but when I click on the link to it, I
>> get the message in the subject heading above: "Error code: 0x80070035 The
>> network path was not found.
>>
>> The IP addresses on both computers are the same except that one ends in
>> 101 and the other ends in 103. I can ping the desktop from the notebook,
>> but when I try to ping the desktop by name, the ping request can't find
>> it. Both computers are connected to the Internet via the same gateway.
>> There is no problem with the Internet connection on either computer.
>>
>> When I go to Vista's Network and Sharing Center on the desktop and click
>> on View Full Map, sometimes I can "see" the notebook from the desktop.
>> Today, however, I get the message "Windows cannot create the network map.
>> incomatible router on the network." The router has not changed.
>>
>> I have already powered off the router and modem, and rebooted both
>> computers, multiple times. It makes no difference.
>>
>> I don't know if this is pertinent or not, but a third laptop computer on
>> the network, connected only via wireless, shows up on the network when it
>> is turned on, and the desktop has normal access to its shared folders.
>> It's only the notebook that's connected to the router via ethernet
>> cable--unfortunately, the one I most often share files and folders
>> with--that isn't accessible.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Joan

Chuck [MVP]

Re: Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:29:21 -0400, "A Baffled User" <vze265vd@verizon.net>
wrote:

>My HP Pavilion a6250t desktop computer running Windows Vista Home Premium
>SP1 is attached to an HP Pavilion ze4900 notebook computer running Windows
>XP SP3 via a Linksys WRT54G router. The desktop is attched via ethernet
>cable to port no. 1 on the router, and the notebook is attached to port no.
>2. I have been set up the same way for over a year, and everything has
>always been fine.
>
>Last Wednesday, I returned from a two-week absence and, since then, have not
>been able to access shared folders via the network either from the notebook
>or from the desktop. Sometimes the notebook is visible under Start | Network
>from the desktop, but when I click on the link to it, I get the message in
>the subject heading above: "Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not
>found.
>
>The IP addresses on both computers are the same except that one ends in 101
>and the other ends in 103. I can ping the desktop from the notebook, but
>when I try to ping the desktop by name, the ping request can't find it. Both
>computers are connected to the Internet via the same gateway. There is no
>problem with the Internet connection on either computer.
>
>When I go to Vista's Network and Sharing Center on the desktop and click on
>View Full Map, sometimes I can "see" the notebook from the desktop. Today,
>however, I get the message "Windows cannot create the network map. Responses
>from other devices on the network are delayed or ther is an incomatible
>router on the network." The router has not changed.
>
>I have already powered off the router and modem, and rebooted both
>computers, multiple times. It makes no difference.
>
>I don't know if this is pertinent or not, but a third laptop computer on the
>network, connected only via wireless, shows up on the network when it is
>turned on, and the desktop has normal access to its shared folders. It's
>only the notebook that's connected to the router via ethernet
>cable--unfortunately, the one I most often share files and folders
>with--that isn't accessible.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Joan

Joan,

Why not diagnose the problem, using logs from "browstat status", "ipconfig
/all", "net config server", and "net config workstation", from each computer.
Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions precisely
(download browstat!):
<http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html#AskingForHelp>
http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005...#AskingForHelp

Or, you may read my tutorial:
<http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html>
http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005...ghborhood.html

--
Cheers,
Chuck, MS-MVP 2005-2008 [Windows - Desktop Experience]
athens71

Re: Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found

Hello, i have 2 pc's hard wired together and a laptop that i use
wireless, we'll call them "old pc" and "new pc" and "laptop", "old pc"
is XP, "new pc" is vista, "laptop" is vista. on the "old pc" i have 2
printers plugged in that i was able to access and use thru the "laptop"
wireless. I set the system up over a year ago and everything was working
great until a few days ago. when i try to access "old pc" thru the
"laptop" i get the error message "0x80070035 the network path was not
found"
This happens only when i try to access the "old pc" thru the "laptop",
in order to print or just to get to files on the "old pc"
I can only access the "new pc" thru "laptop", i can see both "old pc"
"new pc" and "laptop" when i click on the network icon on the "laptop"
but when i click "old pc" it gives me the error message. anyone has a
suggestion on to resolve this problem?
thanks

--
athens71