Can't stop sharing (Home Premium)

dreemsnake

Can't stop sharing (Home Premium)

I was cleaning up my documents before doing a backup and found an old
folder that belonged to my husband. Since he transferred this, it no
longer needed to be on my machine so I tried to delete it. It wouldn't
delete the folder because it said that it was shared. There is nothing
to indicate this folder or any of the files in it are shared (no
pictures of hands, etc. on the folder icon, etc.).

Anyway, I found out this is how he transferred the files but he no
longer needs them on my machine. I tried to turn off sharing and it
would not let me. When I chose "Stop Sharing," it said, "This may take
a few minutes," then ran for a bit. Then it said, "You could not stop
sharing the selected folder." There was a link underneath that said,
"Click here for more information on why you could not stop sharing this
folder." I clicked on the link and it said, "This folder is in a shared
folder."

The folder it is in is my Documents folder, and I can delete any and
all of my documents and any of the other folders. The reason makes no
sense.

All I want to do is delete this folder. Any ideas? Thank you.

--
dreemsnake
Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Can't stop sharing (Home Premium)
we have a post before. you may try to use Advanced Sharing instead of
sharing. Or this post may help.

Can't unshare a folder that was ...
3 posts - 1 author - Last post: May 25, 2008
result. You could not stop sharing the ..."You could not stop sharing
the selected folder." It tells me some items are still shared. test ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...5cea0 2596d18

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net