Networking and Vista Problems

Frank Parmelee

Networking and Vista Problems
Several weeks ago I had to buy a new notebook but did not have the extra
money to have XP installed. So along with getting used to a new OS, I had to
spend two weeks or more ironing out networking and connection problems. With
a lot of patience and hard work eventually the problems got solved. I
suggest to you to read here, MS's Knowledgebase, and make phone calls and
you can get the tweaks needed to solve your problems. It takes some time and
effort, but is worth it in the long run.

Good luck,

--
Make a Great Day
Frank Parmelee

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: Networking and Vista Problems
Hi
Every One, mean every onet hat is on an existing allow list.
It was made to save the need to check, uncheck many accounts one after the
other, it does not mean every one that happen to log into the system.
If you are the Network's single user, or absolutely do not care about
security, switch On the Guest account.
http://www.ezlan.net/vista/vs-guest.jpg
Add the guest to the list of Sharing people as Co-Owner.
http://www.ezlan.net/vista/guest-owner.jpg
Then in the Permission allow the Guest Full Read Write control.
http://www.ezlan.net/vista/guest-control.jpg
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Frank Parmelee" <parmelee9512@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Several weeks ago I had to buy a new notebook but did not have the extra
> money to have XP installed. So along with getting used to a new OS, I had
> to spend two weeks or more ironing out networking and connection problems.
> With a lot of patience and hard work eventually the problems got solved. I
> suggest to you to read here, MS's Knowledgebase, and make phone calls and
> you can get the tweaks needed to solve your problems. It takes some time
> and effort, but is worth it in the long run.
>
> Good luck,
>
> --
> Make a Great Day
> Frank Parmelee
> USA

Frank Parmelee

Re: Networking and Vista Problems
Jack, if I am reading this right, switching on Guest Account is very
dangerous. Am I right or wrong?

--
Make a Great Day
Frank Parmelee
"Jack [MVP-Networking]" <jack@discussiongroup.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Every One, mean every onet hat is on an existing allow list.
> It was made to save the need to check, uncheck many accounts one after the
> other, it does not mean every one that happen to log into the system.
> If you are the Network's single user, or absolutely do not care about
> security, switch On the Guest account.
> http://www.ezlan.net/vista/vs-guest.jpg
> Add the guest to the list of Sharing people as Co-Owner.
> http://www.ezlan.net/vista/guest-owner.jpg
> Then in the Permission allow the Guest Full Read Write control.
> http://www.ezlan.net/vista/guest-control.jpg
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
>
> "Frank Parmelee" <parmelee9512@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Several weeks ago I had to buy a new notebook but did not have the extra
>> money to have XP installed. So along with getting used to a new OS, I had
>> to spend two weeks or more ironing out networking and connection
>> problems. With a lot of patience and hard work eventually the problems
>> got solved. I suggest to you to read here, MS's Knowledgebase, and make
>> phone calls and you can get the tweaks needed to solve your problems. It
>> takes some time and effort, but is worth it in the long run.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> --
>> Make a Great Day
>> Frank Parmelee
>> USA

Chuck [MVP]

Re: Networking and Vista Problems
On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:02:08 -0400, "Frank Parmelee"
<parmelee9512@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Jack, if I am reading this right, switching on Guest Account is very
>dangerous. Am I right or wrong?

Frank,

Using your computer is very dangerous.

Not using the Guest account provides simply one open layer, in a properly
layered security strategy.

http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005...ayer-your.html

You can enable Guest as a diagnostic procedure, to eliminate other possible
causes. Disabling it after the other problems are resolved isn't a bad idea, in
the long run.

http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005...-tutorial.html

http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005...-xp.html#Guest

--
Cheers,
Chuck, MS-MVP 2005-2008 [Windows - Desktop Experience]