Re: Internet Connection Problem

oldman

Re: Internet Connection Problem
Help needed. Here is my setup. I have three computers in a small
home network. The computers are two desktops one with Vista and one
with XP Pro. The third computer is a laptop with XP Home. My Network
consists of a Motorola 5101, A TrendNet Firewall router, Trendnet
Gigabyte switch, a Trendnet Print Server and an Airlink Wireless
Router. The Airlink is being used as a switch except for the Wireless
capability.
The Airlink and a Samsung 4725 are connected to the Trendnet Route.
The Gigabyte switch is also connected to the Trendnet router.
Connected to the Gigabyte switch are the three computers and the Print
server.
Here is the problem. If I boot up the Vista computer first and then
the two XP computers the XP computers never see the internet but the
Vista computer sees the internet. If however I boot up the XP
computers first and then the Vista computer all three see the
internet.
I have tried resetting the modem if the XP computer do not see the
internet but that does not solve the problem. Shutting down the XP
computers and rebooting does not solve the problem is the Vista
computer is up and connected.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this without shutting down
everything and booting up the XP computer first followed by the Vista
computer.
Thanks.
oldman

Re: Internet Connection Problem
Here is an update to the original post. When I look at internet
connections for the notebook the program displays connected to the
internet. However, the internet connection program that comes with my
notebook says I am not connected and the same for the firewall program
Trendmicro. The program says it does have a valid IP address in the
valid range of IP addresses. The same condition holds for my XP Pro
computer.

The strange thing is that Windows reports that the two XP machines are
connected to the internet.

I am going to again test to see if I close down completely and then
reboot with the XP computers before the Vista computer if I can access
the internet with all computers. The test show that all three
computer can reach the internet if and only if I boot the XP machines
before turning on the Vista machine.

Still looking for suggestions on how to solve this problem.

TIA