The specified Network Provider name is invalid

Trax1963

The specified Network Provider name is invalid
I cannot connect to my other computer! Everytime i click on the other
computer i get this message 'specified Network Provider name is invalid'.
Has anyone an idea how to fix this problem? I get the same message on the
other computers.

Yes Vista Home Prem.
They were able to see each other at first.
I was able to share files and drives now i can't and i don't know what i did
to change that. It's been several weeks since i could share last.

Cramsden10592

RE: The specified Network Provider name is invalid
Alright, I am having the same problem... I am on Windows Vista Ultimate SP1.
It worked GREAT until I installed the Novell Client so I could map my schools
network drives to my account. It is weird because I can connect to my schools
networked drives just fine from 'Network' BUT! When I go to connect to my own
server or any other computer with open file sharing it won’t work. It finds
them but when I try to connect I get this message. For example my server
**Windows Server 2003**

"\\RAMSDEN-HOME is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you
have access permissions. The specified network provider is invalid."

Can someone please help me! I really am stuck here and I need my network
back up and running prompt!!!

"Trax1963" wrote:

> I cannot connect to my other computer! Everytime i click on the other
> computer i get this message 'specified Network Provider name is invalid'.
> Has anyone an idea how to fix this problem? I get the same message on the
> other computers.
>

> Yes Vista Home Prem.
> They were able to see each other at first.
> I was able to share files and drives now i can't and i don't know what i did
> to change that. It's been several weeks since i could share last.

Trax1963

Re: The specified Network Provider name is invalid

Hi all, had to come back to this as it was a real pain at the time and
also I have been having trouble again with it on Windows 7. It seems
there is a solution but few know about it. Well here we are with the
solution for you...

_SOLUTION:_

Check in the 'Adapter properties' that the "Client for Microsoft
Networks" is installed.

Well good luck with your Network problems and I hope this fixed the
problem for you!

--
Trax1963

Say it the nice way even though you may not mean it!