HD connected to Router is read only. Can not change

Neal

HD connected to Router is read only. Can not change
I have a problem that I just can not figure out. Everything I tried so far
is just not working. I have a Belkin F5D8235-4 N+ Wireless Router connected
to external USB HD. I am using my laptop connected via wireless. I have
the HD mapped to my computer as Z: drive. After I rebooted my router my
hard drive has only read only permissions. I have gone into properties and
have tried to change the settings on the drive. I have had no luck at all.

Can anyone please help me with this issue. I just want to have read and
write permissions to the networked drive.

Thanks,

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: HD connected to Router is read only. Can not change
Hi
The permission in such case has to do with the Network Storage (NAS) and Not
with Windows.
Not every external USB HD is a Network Drive. I assume that what you call
external USB HD is a Network Drive, and the Router has a general USB Server
(Most of the Routers USB is only for printers).
Check with Belkin to find out if the HD is compatible with the USB Server,
and how to make it compatible with Windows sharing. Almost all of the NAS'
are not based on Windows firmware and need a special setting to share with
Windows..
Otherwise give more detailed about the hardware and how it is connected.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)