finding a wifi network?

mmartinez

finding a wifi network?

Hi:
I am having problems with me wireless network.
There is a new network that appears when I try to join my own wireless
network.
the name of this network is w-network. I know that I can block this
network from my router but I need an IP or MAC Address.
my question is how do I find the IP or Mac address if I only have the
name?
Thank you
Mario

--
mmartinez
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: finding a wifi network?
Hi
Look at the list of the preferred Networks and remove every thing that is
Not your Wireless Network.
http://www.ezlan.net/vista/vista_wlist.jpg
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"mmartinez" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi:
> I am having problems with me wireless network.
> There is a new network that appears when I try to join my own wireless
> network.
> the name of this network is w-network. I know that I can block this
> network from my router but I need an IP or MAC Address.
> my question is how do I find the IP or Mac address if I only have the
> name?
> Thank you
> Mario
>

> --
> mmartinez

John M

Re: finding a wifi network?
You don't need the address for the "other" net work that appears in the list
of "available" networks when you are preparing to log on to your own. (I
assume that is what you are saying?). Nor will you be blocking it from your
router, you will block it from your Network. To do that you will need to
access the control software of your router.
In a browser window type in your router's IP address. If it's a Linksys
that may be 192.168.0.1 some other brand might be 192.168.1.0. just Google
your router brand and find
it's IP address. Once inside the router you'll need to set it to encrypt
access to it (Look for "WEP"). You will be asked to enter an access code.
After you back clear out of the router you will no longer have a wireless
connection. When
you re-establish you own network connection you'll be asked to enter the
access
code you established. DONE.
You will still see your neighbors wireless signal, but they
won't be able to access your network, or the internet, through your router.

"mmartinez" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi:
> I am having problems with me wireless network.
> There is a new network that appears when I try to join my own wireless
> network.
> the name of this network is w-network. I know that I can block this
> network from my router but I need an IP or MAC Address.
> my question is how do I find the IP or Mac address if I only have the
> name?
> Thank you
> Mario
>

> --
> mmartinez

pacinitaly

Re: finding a wifi network?

mmartinez;942420 Wrote:
> Hi:
> I am having problems with me wireless network.
> There is a new network that appears when I try to join my own wireless
> network.
> the name of this network is w-network. I know that I can block this
> network from my router but I need an IP or MAC Address.
> my question is how do I find the IP or Mac address if I only have the
> name?
> Thank you
> Mario

try this little app